Transportation from kenai princess wilderness lodge

CRUISERSWITHKIDS

WE WILL BE STAYING AT THE KENAI PRINCESS WILDERNESS LODGE. WE WERE WANTING TO BOOK THE 9 HOUR NORTHWESTERN FJORD TOUR INDEPENDENTLY INSTEAD OF BOOKING THROUGH PRINCESS. PRINCESS ONLY OFFERS THE 6 HOUR TOUR AND NOT THE 9. THE TOUR OPERATOR SAID THAT THEY DO NOT OFFER SHUTTLE SERVICE TO AND FROM THERE AND PRINCESS SAID THEY DO NOT OFFER SHUTTLE SERVICE UNLESS YOU BOOK A TOUR THROUGH THEM:rolleyes:. IS THERE ANYBODY THAT MAY KNOW A WAY AROUND THIS?

Sorry but you are staying an hour away from Seward. So you basically are limited to their shuttles and schedules. The only option is to arrange a Seward shuttle/taxi, which is going to cost you. I assume you are on a cruisetour and have two nights here?? listings http://www.seward.com

Unfortunately, you are stuck. This is one of the problems with booking a cruisetour instead of going on your own - you pretty much sell your soul to Princess. The hotel is around 50-60 miles from Seward in the middle of pretty much nowhere. Even if Princess sold you a transfer to Seward, you would miss the bus on the way back. Unless you want to try to talk a taxi into driving you back to the lodge at a considerable price or stick out your thumbs, you will have to settle for what Princess offers.

Thanks you for this info. Our group of twelve are staying at Kenai lodge two days and we were wondering if their was other transportation to Seward. Looks like the princess tour for us. Thanks again

The 6 hour Kenai cruise is excellent;). We stayed at the Kenai Lodge and enjoyed it immensely:D. Took me a while to discover you can pull the curtains on the windows in the ceiling at 11pm to shut out the light.

Jack

for the

We are also staying at the Kenai Princess lodge for 2 days and interested in the same tour. How can you make the reservations in advance. I'm not seeing any tour availability for the land portion of the cruisetour on the Princess site?? Help

We are also staying at the Kenai Princess lodge for 2 days and interested in the same tour. How can you make the reservations in advance. I'm not seeing any tour availability for the land portion of the cruisetour on the Princess site?? Help

This tour we booked at the lodge.

Google Princess lodges. Don't know if you can make them this early but you can get the lodges 800 # in Seattle I think. They should be able to give you the information.

we are also staying at the kenai princess lodge for 2 days and interested in the same tour. How can you make the reservations in advance. I'm not seeing any tour availability for the land portion of the cruisetour on the princess site?? Help

you aren't able to book it until about 60 days prior to departure.

• 2 months later...

Another possible transportation option for Kenai Princess Lodge guests -- Ask on this board if there may be another couple with a rental car and similar tour plans as your own. Maybe offering to share some of the rental care cost with someone else might make the trip more enjoyable -- the more, the merrier, right ?

In fact, my wife and I will be staying 6/13--6/14 at Kenai Princess Lodge, and I would be happy to share my rental ride with another couple to help solve their transportation challenge and help make it a more affordable AK rental car experience for all of us. Here is our 3 day pre-cruise itinerary --

- Arrive in ANC airport 7 pm and taxi to the Anchorage Sheriton

- Explore ANC on foot in the morning, then lunch somewhere ?

- Pick up rental car at 2 pm and take a leasurely, scenic drive to Kenai Princess Lodge in Cooper Landing

- Relax and explore the Lodge and grounds, maybe take a hike, then dinner

- Head for Seward early in the morning for a Kenai Fjord day cruise (not sure which one yet); then explore town of Seward and find a place for dinner

- After diner, head back to Kenai Princess Lodge for a 2nd night

- Monday morning, head for Whittier, turn in rental car, and do a PWS cruise (not sure which one)

- Board the Island Princess around 6 pm and relax for a week

You can book the land excursions once you make final payment for the tour. We are on the LB6 going to Kenai in September & I have already reserved my flightseeing tour at Denali. I paid off the tour early to ensure this booking. I now hope the weather cooperates.

Have fun

Diane

Just an FYI for everyone staying at Kenai Princess. While it is a great lodge, IF you are on a Princess cruise tour, you are restricted to "Princess land".

Last year, they would NOT allow ANY private tours to enter their property. It is about a mile each way to the public road. It is almost two miles across the river where the action is-private fishing trips, outstanding breakfast at the Sunrise Inn, grocery store, lots of people that ARE not on a cruise tour..

cloud09 offered the ONLY option other than renting your own vehicle (difficult with a cruise tour). Maybe you can hook up with others on your cruise through your roll call.

The Kenai Princess is truly an outstanding lodge. BUT you are totally isolated if you don't have a vehicle. We are in the area every year-DH is a fishing nut. One of his closest friends is fishing guide out of Cooper Landing. He was told last year-"DO NOT enter our property, even to pick up guests".

Princess charges an astronomical amount for transport to Seward and then tags on a "surcharge" for the same tour that independent travelers get for Kenai Fjords. NO 2 for 1 coupons, no special "treats" available to independent travelers. FAR superior experience to book the hotel and a rental car INSTEAD of a cruise tour. Just an FYI.

Archived