Long shot... but hot yoga on Radiance?

KimmyinLA

I searched for yoga in general and found some older threads that weren't too encouraging about the yoga classes (comments said the teachers aren't really yoga teachers so the classes were pretty lacking).

Does Radiance offer hot yoga, by chance?

If not, has anyone taken a class recently that can share their experience about the teachers? Good, bad, average?

This will be our first RCI cruise and we've heard great things about the ship so we're really looking forward to it!

We've been on several RCCL cruises. What you're reading is true. The "Yoga" on board is really a stretching class--no vinyasa. Also the instructors are simply gym teachers who aren't really trained in proper yoga instruction. In fact, some of the poses they were showing were very dangerous for new practitioners (i.e. deep splits and shoulder/head stands).

Thanks for the input... at least I won't waste time/money trying out a class. I'll just do my own thing. Hopefully, there will be an empty room or space that I can use. I still like to have a mirror in front of me so I can check my postures.

Or all this could go down the drain and I'll just hang out at the pool with a drink;)

Thanks for the input... at least I won't waste time/money trying out a class. I'll just do my own thing. Hopefully, there will be an empty room or space that I can use. I still like to have a mirror in front of me so I can check my postures.

Or all this could go down the drain and I'll just hang out at the pool with a drink;)

I have a very regular practice. One thing I like to do is download free Yoga class podcasts to my Ipod and then go out to the balcony (need to move chairs) or the gym and practice with the ipod. There is a guy named Dave Farmar who has a free podcast that get's updated every couple of weeks on Itunes. It makes for a cool deal because all you need to do is find a quiet place on the ship then practice watching the ocean. Then, of course, out to the pool for a cocktail!

Archived