Recent cruisers on Vision of the Seas: Food Quality?

I'm booked on the Vision of the Seas in March, and am really getting concerned about some of the reviews I have read recently about the food quality on that ship. I'm hoping someone can put my worries to rest; however, if there is a real problem, I would rather know now and book another ship. I frankly have never been disappointed in the food quality on any of my previous cruises, so I am certainly not a picky eater and am not expecting five-star cuisine; however, I do expect the food to be of decent quality with some variety. After all, eating is one of the best activities onboard ship! Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. -- Cheryl

I sailed her last February and the food was okay, but should have been better. The rest of the cruise was wonderful, however and my family will be taking the same cruise again in two weeks.

Don't worry, the food isn't bad, I was just expecting more based upon my previous cruise.

[quote name='hadleys9538']I'm booked on the Vision of the Seas in March, and am really getting concerned about some of the reviews I have read recently about the food quality on that ship. I'm hoping someone can put my worries to rest; however, if there is a real problem, I would rather know now and book another ship. I frankly have never been disappointed in the food quality on any of my previous cruises, so I am certainly not a picky eater and am not expecting five-star cuisine; however, I do expect the food to be of decent quality with some variety. After all, eating is one of the best activities onboard ship! Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. -- Cheryl[/QUOTE]
I dont know what your alternitives are, but for me switching cruise lines because of a few negative reviews on the food would not be a consideration. Way ahead of going hungry or having "good but not great" food would be price, ports, activities, not to many kids (sorry), and service. We sailed the Vision in Jan. and some things were very good, even my wife cant mess up a fresh -cooked to order omelet (oh yes she can) and some things (pizza) not to good. We have wonderful memories of the Vision and the food did not make it any more-or-less memorable.

Archived