Next cruise...Which ship? Advice...

cruiseray1

Sailed the Indy in December....first time on Royal..loved loved it!

Only problem is the girls are now in high school and can only travel school vacation...so I booked Adventure out of San Juan. But now Im having second thoughts after reading some negative comments on these boards lately.

Id love to try the new Oasis because we had such a great time on the freedom class ship...but its just too darn expensive for the five of us ( 3 cabins)....

Liberty of the Seas is a no go because that February week it goes to the same itinerary we just did....So the leaves Freedom I guess (St Martin/Thomas/CoCo

)....Am I making problems for myself? Will we love the Voyager Class (AOS)

inspite of the negatives Ive read here???

I cant imaging Id like Carnival after Independence with all the stuff that teenagers love (and me too)....Help! Im sold on Royal but having second thoughts about AOS outa San Juan that week....

I wish they would lower the price for Oasis but that doesnt seem likely does it?

Thanks for your help, advice and suggestions.

Can't really help on the AOS - but I have to agree - if I'm taking kids it would be RCL hands down. DH and I were on Carnival in 2006 and were very boarded with 2 days at sea. Just wasn't a lot to do. Good luck!

yep we've done Disney and Independence...loved both.

For some reason I just cant get my head into Carnival...checked out their website which is pretty crappy and even tried to get into the new Dream and it just seems Royal has it so much more together...especially with kids.

VOYAGER OF THE SEAS! Hand down. Fly to galveston and enjoy your self a little carribean freedom w00t. Plenty to do. BIG ship and I never saw the whole thing haha. MAny shows and great entertainment all the way around.

I absolutely loved AOS, granted it's been a year since we sailed it, but I loved in spite of the negative reviews...we had no problems. As a matter of fact we met some people on the cruise that I still stay in contact with. Great itinerary and beautiful ship...

AOS is my favorite ship. If you want to sail on her, you need to cruise before April 2010, as she's being pulled from San Juan and moved to Spain.

I've recently read some negative reviews of Adventure as well, which suprised me. Granted, it's been a year since I sailed on her, but she was in like-new condition at that time. I thought the service was excellent. My only complaint was the Schooner bar, where the piano player was not the typical party guy, but rather played dentist-office music.

We're sailing on the Serenade in March 2010, but it was a very tough decision between Serenade and Adventure.

Everyone has different expectations and opinions. It's tough to sort through the postive vs. negative reviews. Personally, I preferred my AOS cruise to my FOS cruise, because FOS seemed overly crowded.

AOS is my favorite ship. If you want to sail on her, you need to cruise before April 2010, as she's being pulled from San Juan and moved to Spain.

I've recently read some negative reviews of Adventure as well, which suprised me. Granted, it's been a year since I sailed on her, but she was in like-new condition at that time. I thought the service was excellent. My only complaint was the Schooner bar, where the piano player was not the typical party guy, but rather played dentist-office music.

We're sailing on the Serenade in March 2010, but it was a very tough decision between Serenade and Adventure.

Everyone has different expectations and opinions. It's tough to sort through the postive vs. negative reviews. Personally, I preferred my AOS cruise to my FOS cruise, because FOS seemed overly crowded.

Thanks thats reassuring...we never felt Indy was too crowded..in fact we often had the whole pool area to ourselves...

We are booked on Adventure Feb 2010...and I hear she is going into drydock in April so she'll be spiffy when we sail....Also booked aft cabin deck 7 (port side) in the corner with the huge balcony and they they us book 2 people in there instead of the rate for 3..... so I think Ill ignore the negative review from recent poster and go with the positive.....like I said my family doesnt look for things to complain about....and if the steak is too small Ill order another one!!!! and we loved loved the deserts on Indy and I cant imagine that they are that much different.

Archived