Taxi to beach

archdelux

Hi,

I've been scoping these forums for the best snorkling spots in Bonaire and I came up with the following:

1000 steps & witch's hut

La Dania's Leap and Karpata

Klein Bonaire

Forgetting Klein Bonaire for a second..what is the best way to get to these places from the port? Can I just get a taxi for the two of us and tell him '1000 steps' and he'll take us there? I don't want to take taxis from beach to beach (it is sure to add up $$-wise)..so what is the best place to go?

The snorkling tours either return too late for my cruise or one of them leaves a bit after the ship docks so I will have time beforehand anyway.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I got books from the library on Bonaire, and picked the snorkel spots that I thought were best or best suited for us. We wound up with three unique experiences.

We did 1000 steps (beautiful!), Front Porch- located in front of the Sunset Beach Hotel. Easy parking, very easy access, and there is actually a beach there! and Ol'Blue- which was a protected cove.

Then we stopped somewhere near the airport (because we still had some time) that had a very tiny sand beach and went for a swim, and watched the sunset.

We rented a car from Hertz Inter Island Car Rental. You can walk to pick up the car to the Divi Flamingo Resort, which is at the base of the pier where you get off the tender. The office there closes at 6:00. We were in Bonaire from 1:30 till 9:00pm, so we returned the car to the airport, and the lady there gave us a ride back to the ship.

Renting the car is easy, you can get rates, ask questions, and book the car all on line.

They were very reasonable. Driving is on the right, same as here. The roads are well maintained and clearly marked.

Bonaire is beautiful- have a great time!

I would also suggest getting extra towels from the ship, and keeping some on the seat so you don't get them wet between snorkel spots. Also, just like here, don't leave anything valuable in the car when you are gone. Take a dry bag with you. Also take some water, sodas and snacks. You'll burn a lot of energy!

AC

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I've been scoping these forums for the best snorkling spots in Bonaire and I came up with the following:

1000 steps & witch's hut

La Dania's Leap and Karpata

Klein Bonaire

I'm a big fan of Cliff. (especially if you like the fish)

Before you hop in the taxi, figure out what resort the dive spot is near and tell that to the driver if he has trouble. (for example Cliff is near Coral Paradise) They all know all the resorts.

I agree with regard to renting a car if you are going to a more remote north or south location. You won't see taxi's going by, so if you do this--arrange for a pickup. Petty thefts are common at the divesites, so no car may equal security--hide your stuff. Take a taxi if going to one of the resorts--I, too; like Cliff for diving. There are usually lockers at the resorts for your stuff--take a lock.

I think my choice for a 1 day snorkel would be Klein--good shallow stuff. Just take a water taxi over.

Archived