La Romana taxis

Hi Janet,

A request, if you don't mind. :) When you go next month, could you see if you can get an idea of taxi prices at La Romana to get to Bayahibe Beach please? I've just read a good review of this beach and thought it would be worth thinking about if we go next year as I think we've exhausted what we want to do in La Romana itself (we did the Altos de Chavon trip and also went into La Romana to look around).

I don't know how far away the beach is and how expensive it would be to get there. I seem to remember hearing taxis were expensive here and meant to check it out. The taxi rank is in the top left corner in the coach park area as you walk out of the berth and I think the prices are displayed on a board.

If it doesn't prove to be convenient to find out, it's not a problem - but it just occurred to me that you might well be able to answer the question. Thanks :)

Hi Kruseeker hope you dont mind me jumping in, but I did this just over a week ago! The price on the board to the beach is $60 but me and a friend got a taxi for $40 for 2 hours. We payed an extra $5 for another hour there. It is a beautiful beach but very popular and VERY busy the day we went. We had a little trouble as few of the taxi drivers spoke much english, but once we arrived a guy called antonio from one of the local stalls there came up. The taxi driver had called him and we could goto him if we needed anything. Hope that helps

Archived