Cayman December 2nd.

Searanger

I just found out that my ship (Oosterdam) will indeed make the stop at Cayman on December 2nd. I would rather do a shore dive (Eden Rock), but require a dive partner. I know the Conquest, Radiance and Jewel are in port on the same day. Anyone interested? For $20.00 for tanks,weight and locker rental...the best value you will find in Cayman. I have done the dives their several times....it is well worth it and walking distance from the tenders.

Michael

mpratt@atripco.net

Also, since you know which ships will be in port with you, check the roll call section to see if there is a roll call for them. You might post that you are looking for a dive buddy there. Also, don't forget to post in your own ship's roll call section, if you haven't already.

Are you sure that you require a dive partner? Won't the dive shop rent you a tank & weights if you are by yourself?. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with doing a shore dive like Eden Rock solo, especially if I had already done the dive several times like you have done. Of course, many divers are quite set against solo diving, so if you fall into this category, please ignore this paragraph.

• 2 weeks later...

That's exactly what I did. Went there and hooked up with another group. Just to let you know, they would not give me tanks until I had a buddy. So Bruce, that answers your question.

The reef has taken quite a bit of damage...lots of crap still on the ocean floor at Eden Rock that needs to be cleaned up. I did a couple of tanks. The Eden rock dive shop had 5' of water in it following IVAN. All looks back to normal in Georgetown..... out of town damage is visable everywhere!

However, enjoyable dives....not bad for $20.00. (2 tanks, weights, belt and locker)

Michael

Just to let you know, they would not give me tanks until I had a buddy. So Bruce, that answers your question.

Wow, scuba police in Grand Cayman.

Grad you did find a buddy to do the dives, and extra good on you for coming back here with a follow up report. Thanks very much.

Archived