Bridge Cam on Desktop

burm

Two years ago I downloaded the Princess screensaver and it enabled me to keep the ship's bridge cam on my desktop. I have downloaded the current Princess screensaver but it does not give me the webcam. Any way I can get it to stay open on my desktop????

I just save a shortcut from the webcam to my desktop (right click > create shortcut) and open it whenever I want to.

It looks like you can only get the desktop webcams for the Caribbean, Diamond, Saphire and Coral Princesses. We're going on the Grand this time.

I tried right clicking but it does not give me the shortcut option. That perhaps only works for the above 4 as well. The easiest route I could find was a shortcut to the page that gives all the links for the Grand Princess. Then I click on the web cam.

Too bad. I loved having the CB webcam open automatically every day when I turned my computer on.

It looks like you can only get the desktop webcams for the Caribbean, Diamond, Saphire and Coral Princesses. We're going on the Grand this time.

I tried right clicking but it does not give me the shortcut option. That perhaps only works for the above 4 as well. The easiest route I could find was a shortcut to the page that gives all the links for the Grand Princess. Then I click on the web cam.

Too bad. I loved having the CB webcam open automatically every day when I turned my computer on.

I just managed to create a shortcut for the Grand, by right clicking to the left of the picture from the bridgecam, but I'm not sure that's what you want. It's a full size one you want?

It's a shame they only offer a few to download:(

I was finally able to save the shortcut to the webcam.

Initially I was unable to save by right clicking, Send To. Nor was I given the usual toolbar with File, Save As.

Finally I right clicked on the webcam to get Properties, copied and pasted the link and then it opened up with the toolbar on top to give me the Send Shortcut option.

Well that was a lot of work.

Two years ago I downloaded the Princess screensaver and it enabled me to keep the ship's bridge cam on my desktop. I have downloaded the current Princess screensaver but it does not give me the webcam. Any way I can get it to stay open on my desktop????

I use yahoo widgets and have modified a webcam one for the various ships I've been on. (Grand, Crown, and Emerald). The webcam is always open and updated and I can move it around on the screen. I can make the 3 I've done available to anyone that wants to go this route.

I use yahoo widgets and have modified a webcam one for the various ships I've been on. (Grand, Crown, and Emerald). The webcam is always open and updated and I can move it around on the screen. I can make the 3 I've done available to anyone that wants to go this route.

I would love to have the Grand webcam please. Would I have to down some sort of Yahoo widget software? If so, will this give me spyware?

There's actually a way to open up a floating window of the webcam of your choice on your desktop (or any other web site material you might desire). I'm using XP, but I'm sure Vista is relatively similar. These are the steps:

1. Right click on your desktop, click "Properties", and "Display Properties" will open. Click on the "Desktop" tab and at the bottom there should be "Customize Desktop..."

2. "Desktop Items" box will open, and click on the "Web" tab. You can read here that this is where you are able to add web content to your desktop. Click "New", and a box will open asking you for the link to your media.

3. This is where you will have to find the link to the bridge cam of your choice. Go to http://www.princess.com/bridgecams/ and choose the cam of your choice, and a new box will pop up with the view from the bridge. Right click on this picture, and click "Copy Image Location" or you may alteratively click "Properties" and copy the link under the "Location" (Firefox) or "Address (URL)" (IE) header. Paste this link into the back into the "New Desktop Item" box and click OK.

4. Now, under "Web pages" you should see a checked box with the link to the bridge cam. Click OK again in "Desktop Items" and click "Apply" in Display Properties. A box should pop up with the cam, which you can move around and resize ask you wish.

As a note, these pictures generally update when you manually synchronize them (to do this, mouse over the picture until a grey box surrounds the image. Click the arrow in the upper left hand corner and click "Synchronize") Or, if you would like automatic synchronization, do the same as above but go to "Properties" instead of "Synchronize". Click on the "Synchronize" tab in the box that pops up and choose "Synchronize using the following schedules...", where you will then click "Add.." However, it seems that using this method allows you to update at minimum once per day, which is not very good.

Hope this helps! ;)

There's actually a way to open up a floating window of the webcam of your choice on your desktop (or any other web site material you might desire). I'm using XP, but I'm sure Vista is relatively similar. These are the steps:

Thank you so much! It works!

The things we learn from CC.

Archived