Celebrity Suites -- Infinity

ab0si

We have never cruised with Celebrity, so please pardon the newbie question.

Do the Celebrity Suites on the Infinity have windows that open?

We could probably be happy without a verandah (or balcony or whatever Celebrity's term of art is) but not without fresh air.

Bonus question <grin>: Do you cabins on this ship (other than those designed for the disabled) have walk-in showers rather than tubs?

Thanks in advance for your help ... the Celebrity website is remarkably fact-free :)

I was recently in a Celebrity Suite, and the windows do not open.

In this particular cabin there is not a walkin shower, and actually the tub might be a little hard for some to get in. If I remember correctly, the Royal and Penthouse Suites do have separate walkin showers. Obviously, the handicapped rooms do as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick response.. and for figuring out my mistyped second question, too. :)

Can't afford the bigger suites ... and, sans fresh air, it would not be acceptable to my wife.

The smaller suites don't look like they are worth the additional cost over the balcony cabins, so it will be those or none at all, I think.

Again, thanks for the quick, helpful response.

I don't think the OP is interested in an HC cabin. He was only wondering if cabins other than the HC cabins have separate tubs and showers.

To the OP: I don't think there's a ship out there that has windows that open. As for cabins with tubs and showers, you'd have to go with a Sky Suite or higher cabin to get a tub and shower. All cabins lower than a SS have just a shower.

I don't think the OP is interested in an HC cabin. He was only wondering if cabins other than the HC cabins have separate tubs and showers.

To the OP: I don't think there's a ship out there that has windows that open. As for cabins with tubs and showers, you'd have to go with a Sky Suite or higher cabin to get a tub and shower. All cabins lower than a SS have just a shower.

Kitty:

Thanks for the information.

FWIW, some ships have "french balconies" -- which is marketing speak for big-window-that-opens-with-railing-so-you-don't-fall-into-the-ocean -- I was hoping against hope .....

I am confused, though, so let me ask for a clarification. The last line of your post says cabins lower than SS have just a shower? Is that true? I thought they had tubs only, not walk-in showers. It would be prefect for us as neither of us take baths -- only showers -- and my wife has issues with getting into/out of bathtubs and remaining upright (a bad combination of being very short and having balance problems).

thanks again and thanks in advance for a clarification/confirmation

Archived