First time in Miami.....where should we eat?

Spiritedmom

MY favorite is Porcao (www.radizioplace.com), which is located about a mile from Bayside Marketplace. It's a real neat Brazillian Steakhouse, not something you see every day.

If your looking for something more casual and inexpensive - and I know CC'er flame-throwers ignite on this one:eek: - but I LOVE Bubba Gumps (www.bubbagump.com) at Bayside Marketplace. IMHO it is a fun place with a real nice setting. Even though it is a chain, it's a pretty small chain with very good (NOT Gourmet) food. There are also a few Cuban restaurants in Bayside Marketplace, which we've enjoyed.

I also like Joe's for seafood and stone crabs (when in season).

I'm sure others will have suggestions for right along South Beach. Because of the crowds, I've never spent a lot of time there (I prefer staying just north in Miami Beach off of Collins when visiting, with the occasional trip down to Joe's).

I think that in a couple weeks I'll have several favorite restaurants in Miami. And then the Sun will depart and I'll have several favorite restaurants at sea.

Although, for some reason, Monty's sound appealing to me.

-Monte

. . . . If your looking for something more casual and inexpensive - and I know CC'er flame-throwers ignite on this one:eek: - but I LOVE Bubba Gumps (www.bubbagump.com) at Bayside Marketplace. IMHO it is a fun place with a real nice setting. Even though it is a chain, it's a pretty small chain with very good (NOT Gourmet) food. There are also a few Cuban restaurants in Bayside Marketplace, which we've enjoyed . . . .

We've stopped at Bubba Gump's in Miami on both our cruise stops there, mainly to quench our thirst for their famous "Lava Flow" frozen drink. We first had them in Hawaii, and Bubba Gump's was one of our favorites. They also have other choices, including frozen mudslide, but you must try the Lava Flow.

They's since opened one in New York City, and we've been there a couple of times since it opened early this year, but it's still 100 miles away!

Archived