Bringing beer to Paradise Beach

suevp

Has anyone brought their own beer to Paradise Beach? We have an insulated cooler and thought it would be cheaper to buy some booze/soda at the liquor store in town and bring it with.

I suppose you could but the chairs and umbrellas are free with the "understanding" that you purchase around $15 pp worth of food/drinks. during your stay.

I personally would feel a little awkward doing that.

DJD

Has anyone brought their own beer to Paradise Beach? We have an insulated cooler and thought it would be cheaper to buy some booze/soda at the liquor store in town and bring it with.

I hope you are joking?:confused: If not, you should know that use of the beach, chairs, and umbrellas is free (at least last time I was there), but I think it is reasonable to expect that those using the beach will buy a drink and/or some food.

Think how embarrassing it would be to be asked to leave because you smuggled beer onto the beach. :o ;)

It really is a great place, and the prices are reasonable enough. Have a great time!

Edit: I suppose if you had a water bottle in your bag, they might let that slide. I am sure it is not the first time someone brought their own water. However, they do have an excellent purification system there, so no worries about water quality!

I agree, it's like taking your own beer to a resturant. There are lots of beaches around where you can take your own chairs, beers, snacks,etc. If you're really that concerned with saving money, I'd do that.

Remember, PB pays dearly for that prime beach location, keeping it clean, providing the chairs, umbrellas, etc. keeping them in good condition, taking care of water toys, providing clean restrooms/showers. It's more than just "paying for a wristband to use the water toys" and a token amount of food and beverage purchases to use the chairs.

It's a business, they're in it to make money and PB provides quality service. Save money somewhere else, in my humble opinion.

No, you just don't do that.

PB just isn't the kind of beach where you take your own drinks. It's a great spot with very nice employees, facilities and reasonably priced food/drinks. Please, leave the cooler on the ship and take it to another stop.

I agree, it's like taking your own beer to a resturant. There are lots of beaches around where you can take your own chairs, beers, snacks,etc. If you're really that concerned with saving money, I'd do that.

Remember, PB pays dearly for that prime beach location, keeping it clean, providing the chairs, umbrellas, etc. keeping them in good condition, taking care of water toys, providing clean restrooms/showers. It's more than just "paying for a wristband to use the water toys" and a token amount of food and beverage purchases to use the chairs.

It's a business, they're in it to make money and PB provides quality service. Save money somewhere else, in my humble opinion.

I totally agree.

If you can't afford to spend a few dollars to help the local economy.....stay on the ship. :eek:

Do you take your own drinks to restaurants at home? It is the same thing.

AS a matter of fact I do.....when I go to BYOB's:D

But other times, I do bring the little airplane bottles of Rum with me.... I enjoy a nice meal and will pay for a nice meal, I don't look twice at prices on the menu, I get what I want..but when they want to gouge me for a rum & coke or 3...

I am purchasing there cokes....

And I bring my own on plane, I like to have one or 2 on a flight....and there allowed, less then 3 oz....

Even brought a couple to each park when I was in Disney......

Had the people on the plane and in the parks tell me that they should have done that.....

By no means am I cheap..but am frugal!

Will I do it on a cruise..probably, I'll have some packed.....my choice.

• 3 weeks later...

I am all for saving $$$ too, but PB is very affordable. A bucket of beer is only about $13. They have their bar menu and prices on the website. It wouldn't be worth the $$$ saved to lug a cooler to the beach and have to buy ice. The money you're saving my getting a free beach can go toward your bar tab. This advice comes from the queen of cheap, so take it to heart.

I want to add you should add this item into your budget pre cruise. You won't find another establishment offering the same service at such reasonable prices (compare to Chili's etc.). Something for every age to enjoy :D I have scrimped on other areas to ensure a great trip so the key is to prioritize.

• 1 month later...
Is there, or isn't there a minimum at PB? I didnt see any mention of it on their website- but people are mentioning it, and with different minimum amounts! So, what is it?

If there is, how does anyone know how much you've spent when you go to leave??

There are signs there saying there is an expected $10 purchase if you use their facilities.

I don't know how they keep track of what you spent other than the bill you pay when you leave.

I'll confess that the couple of times I've been to PB I have had with me a small flask of tequila that holds enough for a couple of shots apiece for my wife & I (sorry, Tom).

On one hand, yes I realize it's cheating. On the other hand, I've greatly exceeded the minimum both times, and the early "pump priming" from the small amount I brought with me undoubtedly increased the amount I ended up spending onsite over what I'd have likely done otherwise.

Should they have to keep track of how much each person spends? No.... it should be common courtesy to spend $10 pp, that is nothing compared to other establishments.... The employees, grounds and equipment are top notch.

As for a cooler, I admit I did take one in the fall because I had a group of Girl Scouts with me and I was required to have water available to them at all times. That being said we did order our share of food and cokes. "WORTH EVERY PENNY":D

Archived