scabies

scabby

Went on the eastern caribbean P&O ventura cruise Dec 5-19 2008, came back with scabies! Wondered what the constant itching was, but they incubate for some time before one can see marks on the skin. So was it dirty bedding, sunbeds???..who knows, but both my husband and I were infected. Its the most annoying thing to get rid of. Put me off cruising, even though we are seasoned cruisers.:mad:

Quite a few years ago we had a epidemic at work and I can assure you there was no intimate contact as far as I am concerned, or anyone else for that matter. The carrier caught it from one of his kids and it spread like wildfire. Easily cured with a special body wash repeated a week later but the mites dead bodies take ages to get rid of.

Went on the eastern caribbean P&O ventura cruise Dec 5-19 2008, came back with scabies! Wondered what the constant itching was, but they incubate for some time before one can see marks on the skin. So was it dirty bedding, sunbeds???..who knows, but both my husband and I were infected. Its the most annoying thing to get rid of. Put me off cruising, even though we are seasoned cruisers.:mad:

How do you know it was from ventura? It could have been caught from anywhere?

I caught scabies from a trip to Sri Lanka. I was told it can be caught by just shaking hands with someone who has it. Probably wasn't the ship at all. In fact, it is human contact, not sheets or anything like that.

Archived