H. Stern in manaus

Parrot Mom

Has anybody ever shopped in H.Stern in Manaus...it will be the "holy grail" of jewelry shopping on our cruise.. What are the hours? There are two shops,,which one did you go to.. and do they send a car to pick you up at the ship?

We went to the store at the Tropical Hotel, which is about 20 minutes drive away from the port in Manuas. Keep in mind that they do not have anywhere near the selection in Manaus as they do in Rio, though. Don't know the hours, sorry. There were shuttles from our ship to the store, which turned out to be a lapel sticker to pick up a guide after the shuttle to the terminal building, then put into a cab and for the return to the ship they put us in a taxi at the hotel. Be sure to visit the other shops and mini-zoo at the hotel while you are there.

http://circle-south-america-2008-aboard.blogspot.com/2008/02/day-50-february-22-2008-manaus-brazil.html

Also heard they were less expensive than Rio.. Saw some pieces on line and I'm going to be robbing a bank...wow!! But at least I'll do some window shopping.. I've already told Parrot Pop and two other people to have smelling salts with them in case I have a panic attack...What gorgeous, gorgeous pieces... Well, I can dream..can't I.. How did you like Tovah Feldshuh...she is some talented lady.. tv acting and singing.. Intend to see the Opera House and the market.. and if I run into Cockroach.. that will be fun

About 10 years ago we spent 2 weeks at resort about 90 min from Fortaliza

We were stand under a awning as the skys opened up

These couple of pretty ladies were point at me :D

Yes I am pretty good looking I thought, these ladies know something good when they see something

Anyway, my wife looks at my shirt and there a cockroach at least 2 inches long on me :eek:

Brushed it off and we all had a good laugh about it

Archived