Which ship is best for us?

schreibs

What are your priorities?? Give us an idea of what you would consider a perfect cruise...

Dan

Century X1,Galaxy X2,HorizonX5,VolendamX1,

Zenith Oct/04 (hoping!!)
Century Feb/05

You sound like Celebrity target market, I think you may have found the right cruise line.

Like most lines, the longer the cruise the higher the average age...10/11 day cruises I would guess have an average of 55 years. Seven day cruises more like 40-45 years.

Service...outstanding. Food...very good.

I prefer Horizon/Zenith for a very traditional cruise experience. Century/Galaxy/Mercury are larger, they lose a bit of the "ship" feel but offer more bells and whistles. The M-Class ship are so big, ugly and unreliable that I haven't found a reason yet to try one...but I understand they have a devoted following.

Hope this helps...

Dan

Century X1,Galaxy X2,HorizonX5,VolendamX1,

Zenith Oct/04
Century Feb/05

"M" class do have their engine problems, but we still love them. (Thankfully have never had a delayed or cancelled cruise) Have been on Summit and Millennium and the experience was wonderful. Specialty Restaurants were some of the best dining experiences we've had anywhere(on land or sea). They are a large ship, without a large ship feel. Never felt crowded on any of our 3 trips. Have also been on Mercury and liked it but prefer the "M" class to it. Will probably try Horizon now that they are adding balconies to it. No matter what your choice you should be happy with Celebrity.

I've been on all three sizes and I prefer the M Class ships. Although they are large, they never feel crowded because of the layout of the ship. So many public areas with windows that everyone doesn't congregate in the same area. Also, the fact that there are so many balconies makes it really nice. There's lots to do and many places to hang out. The specialty restaurants are a real treat and they don't have them on the smaller ships.

Archived