Dragon's Breath Zip Line

Hi;

Going to be in Labadee in October on Liberty of the Seas. Has anyone been on the Dragon's Breath excurision and is the time spent worth the amount of money? It looks like fun(go you tube!) but seems like a lot of money for such a short run.

Thoughts?

Hi;

seems like a lot of money for such a short run.

Thoughts?

We did it a couple weeks ago. By the time we signed in, waited, got our harnesses, waited, walked to the practice run, waited, did the practice round, waited, drove up the hill, waited, and FINALLY did the run it took almost two hours. My impression of the ride itself was, pretty boring and very short. It was a beautiful view from the top. I wasn't bothered so much by the money, but wish we hadn't spent two hours for what turned out to be an uneventful ride. Bottom line, I wouldn't do it again and wouldn't recommend it to a friend.

We've done the ziplining in Puerto Vallarta, and Jamaica. There were between 8 and 12 traverse sections, along with other walks and drops that we did. We haven't done Dragons breath, and have no plans to. For the money and experience, the zip lines we did were very enjoyable. For just 1 ride over the beach/ocean area, would not be worth it to me.

Personally, I think the zip line has ruined the natural beauty at Labadee.

I did it in December off Liberty, and yes, it did take a long time. I had never been on any other zipline before, so I have nothing to compare it to. They are good about training you, but you do have to wait for everyone in your group.

That said, I thought it was great! The view from the top is amazing (bring your camera if you go!). It does go quickly once you go, but it was really fun. Make sure not to wear a hat, bring shorts with pockets.

From what others have said about other ziplines, it's definitely different. If you do it, go as early as you can. I definitely recommend it to people! Have fun!

Thanks for all of the feedback on the fun. Gives us good things to think about.:D It sounds like a lot of waiting but would be worth it for the photography. Is it possible to take pictures while on the line coming down or are you too busy holding on for dear life?:eek:

Thanks for all of the feedback on the fun. Gives us good things to think about.:D It sounds like a lot of waiting but would be worth it for the photography. Is it possible to take pictures while on the line coming down or are you too busy holding on for dear life?:eek:

I zip lines in belize before and I was petrified. I have height issues, so i was a nervous wreck, this was a piece of cake, the crew is great, it is completely safe,and not scary. It wasn't as thrill seeking as I thought it too be but thats ok I can say I did the longest zip line in the world over water. and yes you can video or tape it my dd did you just have to have it strapped to your wrist, not around hand or neck. Its hard to do because you are in the laying position for most of it so its nice to really watch it afterwards. Just Do it and let me tell you this isn't half as scary as going to the straw market in labadee.

Just Do it and let me tell you this isn't half as scary as going to the straw market in labadee.

haha, well said:D:D

it is expensive, but just say what the heck and do it. my kids and i loved it. although that was our first zip ever;)

about 40 days until we zip in puerto vallarta, woohoo:D

dave

I enjoy sitting on the beach watching folks come down the zipline. They all seem to be having a wonderful time and I have never heard of anyone who said they hated it.

Last December in Labadee I decided to time the "flight" down the zipline. Most flights timed out at about twenty seconds! Yeah, that's right--about twenty seconds. It is very fast. A few are somewhat slower because for some reason they lose momentum just before the landing. it is hard to see the exact time the person leaves the platform to come down the zipline, so add a few seconds if you wish.

But as I said, it looked like folks were having a wonderful experience and I envy them but I am too much of a coward myself.:o

We returned from Costa Rica a couple weeks ago and did the Vista Los Suenos zipline canopy tour, which is located just outside Jaco on the Pacific Coast. In comparison it cost our group of five $45US each ($85 is RC price for DB) and we did 14 different lines that took over two hours to do from the ride up to the last platform. That price included the transport from our resort in Jaco to the site which was about 15 minutes away. Their longer and fastest line was 2400 ft long which took me going full out, no braking except very hard at the end, 26 seconds to do from the dead start to landing on the platform as recorded by my video camera. To do that I must have reached a speed of over 70 MPH as this averages 63 MPH. Scenery was fantastic and you can see video and photo gallery at the following site. I saw similar to DB zipline at Icy Strait Point on our Ultimate Alaskan cruise and many said it took way too long to do for a ride that lasted less than a minute. IMO it is much better to zipline elsewhere.

http://www.canopyvistalossuenos.com/

CostaRica2009ziplinetour080c.jpg

still0002.jpg

CostaRica2009ziplinetour104b.jpg

Did Dragon's Breath last week on the Indy and it was definitely worth it. Only took a little over an hour and we signed up after we got on the island, not in advance. It was beautiful and fun. You're on vacaion - do it!!!

Archived