Dry cleaning/pressing services

giginevelyn

Does anyone have current prices for dry cleaning and/or pressing (saw the recent post about laundry prices). Trying to decided where the better deal is. Bring less, dry clean it, or pay the airline's extra baggage/over weight baggage fees:mad:.

Thanks!

I don't have a copy of the dry cleaning costs onboard but the prices were one of the most reasonable in my opinion. I had a pair of linen pants and a dress dry cleaned before leaving home on my last cruise and when I got onboard I noticed that the ships prices were cheaper than what I had payed on land. Certainly wished I had known this before hand as you can imagine the linen pants could really have used another pressing after being packed in a suitcase.

You might want to check out the suites amenities package. I didn't realize before that this was available to anyone in any category cabin...a big thanks to Dutchbyassociation for filling me in on this very nice piece of information. One of the included features of the package is unlimited laundry and pressing. Dry cleaning of course would be extra. You could call ship services 1-800-541-1576 and get a price for your particular sailing and/ or have a look at the HAL website to see other inclusions in the package.

Hope this helps...

Rochelle

We always purchase the all inclusive laundry package. It was $75 on a 10-day cruise, and $125 on a 23-day. You need to purchase it on the first or second day of the cruise - after that it's per piece or per bag (per bag is about $12.00). Everything comes back ironed, folded in a basket, or on a hanger. I do not send delicates (panties or bras) because they use hot water. ----Penny

It's probably better to get a price list from someone on a cruise right now as I believe the prices changed for 2009. When I was on the Prinsendam in October, the cost was $12/bag; on the Amsterdam in January, it was $20/bag. Same size bag, BIG price jump.

• 2 months later...

We are just back from the Eurodam and it was 205 for unlimited and 20 a bad - decided we would have to do a lot of laundry- we did one load a week and were fine. IN answer to the question about the suite amenities:I found this on the pull down for booked passengers - the mail order form- took me forever to find it- hope this helps

Suite Amenities Package

(for all suites, excluding deluxe verandah suites) includes:

Complimentary Laundry and Pressing

Holland America Line bathrobe with monogram of choice

In-Stateroom High Tea or Daily Canapes

DVD Selection

Fresh Flowers

Special VIP Debarkation Procedures

Special VIP Debarkation Lounge

Pillows A La Carte Menu

Initial Stateroom Beverage Setup - 2 bottles in the lower price range or one more expensive

Explorations Café Coffee Card - 2 cards

Pinnacle Grill Dinner ours included 3 dinners for 2

Suite Elite Package (for deluxe verandah suites only) includes:

Access to Hydro Pool and Thermal Suite

Initial Suite Beverage Setup

Explorations Café Coffee Card

Pinnacle Grill Dinner

Culinary Art Center Class

Premium Wine Tasting

Internet Card for 100 minutes

Daily Turndown Truffles

Deluxe Flower Arrangement

PLEASE NOTE: Prices for Signature Packages vary by ship class

and length of cruise.

To give you a vague idea - our suite package for superior for 28 days was priced at $748

Archived