Just off Celebrity Century w/ 4 1/2 yr old

brenderlou

For all those interested, we just got done with our 5 night cruise on the Celebrity Century with our 4 1/2 yr old who LOVED the kids program (Fun Factory). She wanted to go there all the time which was great and have hubby and I alot more down time then we anticipated.

They had a great program every day with arts & craft and also outside activities for approx 15/20 minutes. They make a craft bag which we got at the end of the cruise with all her projects in it.

The staff is VERY attentive. One night I picked her up and she was sitting on the floor, leaning against a counseler while she was reading a book to our daughter.....precious!!!!

We have also sailed on Royal Caribbean and used their program as well (Adventure Ocean) but I liked the Celebrity program a little better which suprised me since Celebrity is known for an older crowd w/ less kids which we found was true on our cruise.

Thanks for posting this. We're considering Celebrity for a cruise next year (since they're coming to Charleston) but was concerned about the kids program (since I have three kids!). Glad to hear that she enjoyed it!

What age does their kids program start at?

Thanks again!

Thanks for posting this. We're considering Celebrity for a cruise next year (since they're coming to Charleston) but was concerned about the kids program (since I have three kids!). Glad to hear that she enjoyed it!

What age does their kids program start at?

Thanks again!

Fun Factory starts at 3 yrs old. Great program. Almost reminded me of our daughter's pre-school with very educational crafts activities.

Did the other guests/passengers seem friendly towards the kids or did you encounter many people who seemed to not want kids around them on the ship?

We've never had that problem....but I have heard that with different crowds it may be experienced.

Thank you! I have been wondering the same. Alot of parents here say they prefer the program on Celebrity because the counselors are so attentive.

Did you happen to grab the schedules? Can you scan them please?

No sorry, I didn't keep any of the schedules and YES the counselors were very attentive. It was great!!!

Did the other guests/passengers seem friendly towards the kids or did you encounter many people who seemed to not want kids around them on the ship?

We've never had that problem....but I have heard that with different crowds it may be experienced.

We found the guests to be very friendly towards our daughter, especially the older crowd that probably had grandkids of their own.

One counselor did tell me that one day when the kids were walking around the pool dressed as pirates (our daughter wasn't involved with this activitiy...nap time!!) she heard a guest say "I thought they were suppose to keep the kids below deck". The counselor told me she turned to the guest and said "They are human beings and need fresh air." Good for her!!

She then said a group of guests next to the "grouch" actually got up and made a human tunnel for the kids to walk under.

There will be guests who are anit-kids on every cruise. I can usually spot the glare and avoid them:rolleyes:

Kudos to that counselor that stood up for the kids! The grouch needs to find the adult only cruises if children bother her that much......

Thanks for filling me in!

I have seen them on all sailings but wasn't sure - since Celebrity was known for having an older crowd if that meant there'd be more. It sounds like it was great.

I also thought Celebrity's Fun Factory staff were more attentive and hands on than Royal Caribbean's, but that was one single experience from a few years ago on a cruise with hardly any kids. Glad to hear that might actually be the norm.

Can you give feedback on your take of the Fun Factory facility - with it being "below deck" and all? I looked at taking the Century in N. Europe but noticed the Fun Factory is way down low and totally inside.

I also thought Celebrity's Fun Factory staff were more attentive and hands on than Royal Caribbean's, but that was one single experience from a few years ago on a cruise with hardly any kids. Glad to hear that might actually be the norm.

Can you give feedback on your take of the Fun Factory facility - with it being "below deck" and all? I looked at taking the Century in N. Europe but noticed the Fun Factory is way down low and totally inside.

It was "below deck" on deck at the very back of the ship. The only other kid's program our daughter was in was a Royal Caribbean and the camp was on a top deck w/ windows. She enjoyed this program more since she always wanted to be there, even when we told her we were going to the pool!!!!

Before going to the area I was wondering about it being at the next to lowest deck, etc. but it's a great room. Computers in the back for the bigger kids and the smaller kids play up front. The room is bright and decorated well and has alot of space.

During the morning (9 - 11:45) and afternoon (2 -4:45) there is always a planned activity outside for about 15 - 20 minutes. One day is was a "youth tour of the ship" and one was playing "dinosaur ball" in the enclosed basketball court on deck 12.

Glad to hear of your experience. My son loves all the kids programs regardless of cruise line but he really never, ever wanted to leave the Fun Factory.

I travel alone with my son. On Celebrity, I felt that if (God forbid) something happened to me- I got injured, fell down the stairs, had noro virus- whatever, that those counselors would help with my son. They were so loving and caring that I felt that they were like second mothers. That is how you want to feel when you drop your kids off. Celebrity does a really great job with the Fun Factory. It is the best program I have encountered.

Glad to hear of your experience. My son loves all the kids programs regardless of cruise line but he really never, ever wanted to leave the Fun Factory.

I travel alone with my son. On Celebrity, I felt that if (God forbid) something happened to me- I got injured, fell down the stairs, had noro virus- whatever, that those counselors would help with my son. They were so loving and caring that I felt that they were like second mothers. That is how you want to feel when you drop your kids off. Celebrity does a really great job with the Fun Factory. It is the best program I have encountered.

I agree 101%!! Our daughter also enjoyed Adventure Ocean on Royal Caribbean this past September but she was beyond in love with the Fun Factory which made hubby and I in love with it as well!!! It's a great program espeically for a cruise line that has an more older clientele base.

Interesting - sounds like many families found Celebrity's Fun Factory to be better than RC's Adventure Ocean.

Thanks for your feedback on FF in the Century.

No problem....I was talking to a woman sitting next to me at the pool one day during one of the rare moments our daughter was with us :p. She inquired about the Fun Factory since she had a young daughter but was on this cruise with just her husband.

I told her how much she enjoyed it and she told me they were on a Princess cruise and they did not like thier program at all (she has cruised w/ her daughter in the past). She said it was more like a baby sitting service then a kids camp.....Just thought I would mention that for what it's worth. Never been on a Princess cruise so I don't know if it's accurate or not.

Archived