Yukon Suspension Bridge in Skagway

Rosieo

I've driven by many times and stopped for a good look at it, but just can't see spending 20 bucks on it - about the same price as the very impressive Capilano Suspension Bridge complex in Vancouver (which I've been to a few times).

I've never been to the Yukon Bridge, but enjoyed Capilano a lot. There are other activities at Cap besides the bridge itself; not sure about the one in Skagway. There is also the Lynn Suspension Bridge in Vancouver; I hear it's not quite as impressive as Cap but it's free!

They have a coupon in the Alaska Toursaver book. I wouldn't pay $20 per person, but might consider it using the 2 for 1 coupon. We're doing the drive also, and will probably decide that day if we will do the bridge. Weather will play a big part in our decision.

We took the "Into the Yukon" excursion last year that included the suspension bridge. The excursion was full of fantastic scenery, but I wouldn't spend the extra $$ just to walk on the bridge.

We cruised to Alaska in 07, Rented a car in Skagway ,and drove past it on the way to Carcross We were told at the time it was way over priced. We pulled into the parking lot on the way back. I took some pictures. I just couldn't see pay that kind of money for what you got. No visitors at all were there when we were there. Here are my pictures.

IMG_1538.jpg?t=1235951483

IMG_1539.jpg?t=1235951406

IMG_1540.jpg?t=1235951439

Looks pretty but not worth paying for it. I think we'll do the same. Stop and take a quick look. Did you rent your car from Avis? They had no problem with you taking it over into Canada?

Looks pretty but not worth paying for it. I think we'll do the same. Stop and take a quick look.

They've built a huge solid board fence around the place now, because that's all anyone was doing. There's nothing to see now without paying.

Did you rent your car from Avis? They had no problem with you taking it over into Canada?

That's where everyone takes their cars - there's no where else to go :D

Looks pretty but not worth paying for it. I think we'll do the same. Stop and take a quick look. Did you rent your car from Avis? They had no problem with you taking it over into Canada?

No we didn't rent from Avis: We rented from Sourdough Rentals right there in Skagway. There is a lot of controversy on the boards about this place, but I had checked everything out. They didn't have a big selection maybe 8-10 cars/trucks. I had Requested the truck see picture below, which we did get just because we had gone in May and it was a 4x4. Didn't know if there would be snow on the roads. I Spoke with him several times in the months before we went. Since it was off season he gave me his home ph# so I could be sure I would reach him. Very nice man. I had read the boards regarding the renting of cars ect, and a lot of people have their opinions, which is good, and I like to be informed but then tend to make up my own mind. DH is pretty good with vehicles, and he went to get the truck when we arrived in Skagway he wasn't at all concerned. We had no problems. The Truck wasn't new, but then the price we paid for it wasn't at all bad either, No problem crossing the border in Canada just make sure you take your passport.

We also rented a car in Juneau from rent a wreck. No problem with that either. Actually the ladies that ran the rent a wreck place were great fun. We will be looking them up again when we go again this September. :)

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg?t=1235962563

Skip the Supension Bridge make sure you see this!!! Emerald Lake Yukon, Canada

IMG_1512.jpg

Archived