Shipping case of water direstly to ship?

nicki_momof3

Every year when we go to WDW I ship a case of Costco water directly to our WDW resort for $6.50. I always order it online 5 days before arrival and it is always waiting at the front desk for us.

Has anyone ever tried to ship a case of water to the ship?

We are flying into MCO and taking the Disney bus directly to the ship so no way to make a water stop?

Thanks

DCL is very strict on the size of box they will accept at their warehouse for delivery to the ship. Also, they will not accept food or liquids in the box and if they are found to be in there the box will be returned to the sender.

I found the info on shipping a package to yourself to be delivered to the ship:

Boxes Sent the Ship Ahead of Cruise - PLEASE follow these instructions carefully!!!!!! UPDATED AS OF 2/25/2009

• ONE box per stateroom, no exceptions.

• The package must have the guest full name, ship, sailing date, stateroom number or GTY if you have not been assigned a stateroom number.

• The package also must have a packing slip attached to the outside of the box that details the contents of the package. For prescriptions, a copy of the prescription is sufficient. Your list may or may not be read but it must have one. Write packing slip on the outside of the envelope.

• NO FOODS/DRINKS OF ANY KIND, LIQUOR OF ANY KIND, FIREARMS, ETC.. Items that cannot be shipped to the Disney Cruise Line Warehouse and delivered to the ship include: food products (any and all food products including baby food/formula), beverages (liquor, water, etc.), chemicals, and luggage. These items will not be accepted at the warehouse and will be returned. This may cause the dogs to hit on your box and that would be a bad thing.

• The required size of the cartons you are shipping down have to be about the size of a record storage box 12 inches on a side and should not weigh more than 20 lbs.

Address your package(s) to:

Disney Cruise Line Warehouse

Guest Name / Stateroom # (GTY, if you don't know what it is when you send the package)

8633 Transport Drive

Orlando, FL 32832

Phone: 407-566-8196

In the bottom left corner of the top of the package put the following information: ATTN: HOUSEKEEPING

*Name

*Sail Date

*Ship

*Stateroom Number

*Packing slip that details contents of the package (for prescriptions, a copy of the prescription is sufficient)

• Packages must arrive by Friday by 3:00pm for the 7-Night Cruise on the Disney Magic (Saturday).

• Packages must arrive by Friday by 3:00pm for the 4-Night Cruise on the Disney Wonder (Sunday).

• Packages must arrive by Wednesday by 3:00pm for the 3-Night Cruise on the Disney Wonder (Thursday).

If your box is hit on by the screening dog or chosen for additional screening they will open the list and the box and look through it. They will close it back up and provided nothing bad is in it then it will be in your room as usual later after boarding.

These boxes will be coming on the ship with the crew mail among other things so they may be in the staterooms later then they were before as they are low priority in the scheme of things for Disney.

Just buy a case on board...think it's less than $20 and you won't have worry about it ahead of time.

Or, if you can stop at a market near the port, just check it with your baggage and it will be delivered to your cabin.

We always fill a rolling soft sided cooler with soda, water and adult beverages and just take it on as a carryon (NO ice in it).

Just buy a case on board...think it's less than $20 and you won't have worry about it ahead of time.

Or, if you can stop at a market near the port, just check it with your baggage and it will be delivered to your cabin.

We always fill a rolling soft sided cooler with soda, water and adult beverages and just take it on as a carryon (NO ice in it).

To buy a 24 bottle case of water onboard it is around $35 or $38 plus the 15% automatic gratuity.

So just to make sure I am understanding everyone - I can bring my soft sided (medium size) rolling cooler on with me (no ice) with adult drinks in it? No one will care that I am bringing a case of warm beer onboard?

Sorry one more - We are renting a car from the airport so it is also OK to buy a case of water and when we check our luggage we can also check our case of water? We wont have to carry it on?

Thanks for the help

So just to make sure I am understanding everyone - I can bring my soft sided (medium size) rolling cooler on with me (no ice) with adult drinks in it? No one will care that I am bringing a case of warm beer onboard?

You can take all the beverages you can carry onboard with you. DCL does not mind if you carry them on with you; they can be alcoholic or nonalcoholic.

Sorry one more - We are renting a car from the airport so it is also OK to buy a case of water and when we check our luggage we can also check our case of water? We wont have to carry it on?

Thanks for the help

DCL specifically states that no liquids, such as drinks, be placed in your checked baggage. What you check and what the porters will accept can vary. I recommend to just go by DCL rules and carry on your beverages.

I wouldn't want my luggage getting soaked by someone's bottles that got broken while being tossed around.

Yes, you can. We rolled a carry on luggage piece filled with wine and beer.

Archived