New S&S cards COOL!

newt98

The super-dooper Platinum folks are gonna be p.o.'d if the little "Milestone Rewards" icon doesn't show up. I don't blame them.

Yes - I am not impressed ("lipstick on a pig" comes to mind...) - where it the FOURTH tier card!!! :mad: (ok, granted the "mad" Smile is a bit harsh... but REALLY ! ? ! ?)

Am I the only one that prefers the old cards to the new ones?

On the plus side, John said that the new cards have a thicker magnetic strip in them, meaning that they are harder to demagnetize. He said that they should eliminate the need to get them re-activated at the "information desk" as they now prefer to call it.

... so perhaps they can NOW be used for the cabin safes as well.

We just got off the Splendor and was dissapointed becuase they made us turn in our cards.... I always had them in my scrapbook from past cruises:(

See next comment...

If we have to start turning them in, then we will lose at least one during the cruise and have to have it replaced.

You and me both!!

Tom

LOL...typical Carnival...not in touch with their clientele.

Once enough people through a hissy fit about turning them in they will change that policy.

And if the names are printed on ther what good are they?

They can't be reused.

OH...BTW...I don't really think they are anything special...they all look the same...kinda like a Dave & Busters card. :rolleyes:

Am I the only one that doesn't like them? :rolleyes: They all look alike.

Platinum doesn't stand out like before. :(

I agree with you...I don't care if other passengers notice the platinum, but it sure opens up dialogue with crew when I use my card and they say "what ships have you been on" or "wow, welcome HOME". I guess the crew will be used to those colors but they sure aren't very noticable. I don't like the new cards. I am with you Aggieastrofan, they look childish!

I apologize to Dave and Busters...their cards do not look as bad as carnivals...LOL

DAVE-BUSTERS+POWER+CARD.jpg

Question for all you stock holders....how much did this change cost the company? and was it really needed? :confused:

Question for all you stock holders....how much did this change cost the company? and was it really needed? :confused:

Hmmm... no doubt it will be paid for by an elimination of the Shareholder's Credit. :rolleyes:

I hope not, but we will find out fairly soon!!

Tom

No... you're not. In fact, I complained to John Heald about them last night and posted the same on his blog.

They look like they were designed by the same guy that paints the bows of the NCL ships. I think they're terrible.

I'm sure that folks will get on you about your 'Platinum doesn't stand out...' comment but I agree. There are gold and platinum levels for a reason... to recognize those who sail often/frequently with Carnival. Some tiny notation of 'gold' or 'platinum' at the top of the card is just a casual nod to one's faithfulness to Carnival...

Just my $.02...

They look like they were designed by the same guy that paints the bows of the NCL ships. I think they're terrible.

OMG....LMAO...that is exactly what they look like...hahahahahaha

:D

I agree Bren - Platinum need to stand out more. :rolleyes: If they are not fleet wide maybe I will get the old kind on the Pride this month! :D

No... you're not. In fact, I complained to John Heald about them last night and posted the same on his blog.

I'm sure that folks will get on you about your 'Platinum doesn't stand out...' comment but I agree. There are gold and platinum levels for a reason... to recognize those who sail often/frequently with Carnival. Some tiny notation of 'gold' or 'platinum' at the top of the card is just a casual nod to one's faithfulness to Carnival...

Just my $.02...

Thanks for telling John!! Let him know that many other frequent CCL cruisers feel the same....;)

Ok- I'm having a blonde moment. I can not see the picture of the new cards. Can someone please help me out?

Dye your hair brown then go back and take another look!!:p See if you can see them then!!:D

I can never get those little red x things to open. Is there another way to put it on the boards? I want to see too!

The images are located here:

http://johnheald.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/new-ss-cards.jpg?w=594&h=768

If you are at work, they may be blocked. Otherwise, try right-clicking on the red X's and getting the URL from the properties menu option, and try to see them that way.

Just my $.02...

YES! That's it! I knew they looked kind of familiar!

FTR, I hate those cheesy cartoon-like pictures drawn on the NCL ships, too.

I thought I was the only one that thought that the NCL bow's were cheesy!!

I posted a comment too about thinking the Platinum guests would hate the new cards. They are dull and don't stand out as much. I've got a long way to go before I get the Platinum status... but I knew some would be po'd!

I don't like them either... I'm finally making it to Platinum & no one will even notice! :( Actually, I asked one of my roll calls (very active) what they thought and no one there liked them either.

On John's blog he says that the words 'gold' and 'platinum' are printed on the cards, but if it is it must be really light - you certainly can't see even a glimmer of it in the pics!

Archived