Christmas Cruise Rituals -- What do you do to mark the Season?

kbarron

We plan to bring decorations for the cabin, such as garland, oranments, a (very) small tree, decoration for our door, etc. We also plan to do some word games with our family (re-written titles of classic carols, for example). Share your past or planned holiday activities to mark the reason for the Season and fun it can bring!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought we were the only ones. we bought garland , battery opperated lights and a cardboard wreath for the door. the ships are always deck out but i like to make the room look like home. everything cost less then $15. have a great trip

I brought a large sea bag filled with gifts for my family. The people scanning the carry-ons got a big laugh out of checking out what was inside. They were pretending to tell my family what they were receiving as gifts. Everyone was laughing as they waited in line. I have talked to people that didn't like the idea of a cruise at Christmas. We had a great time and I would do it every year if my DH would let me.

• 1 month later...

We have spent two cruises over Christmas with family members. The first in Dec '02 with 20, the second last Dec '04 with 26. Our cruise ritual involved a "Secret Santa" gift exchange. Everyone gathered the first sea day morning in a lounge and picked names from a hat. This person became your gift recipient. We also asked everyone to draw again, if they picked themselves, spouse, or children, as we wanted to give gifts to extended family members, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, and their spouses. You were then to use your shore stops to find the "perfect gift" for your recipient. On Christmas morning, our last sea day on both cruises, we then met again in a ship lounge and exchanged our gifts. It was a lot of fun, and an inexpensive way for everyone to share in this Christmas tradition. BTW - At the request of several family members we set a purchase limit. ;)

Archived