Americas Next Top Model/ AOS

Well was surfing the channels today and stopped and watched Americas Next Top Model and this episode they boarded Adventure of the Seas in San Juan. My question is who was on board and did it disrupt your cruise experience?

Thanks

Michele

It was filmed the week begining May 20th 2007, yes it did cause some problems, alot of the time the port side of deck 12 was roped off, for the "models" to strut there stuff. They also took over the RP for a while and the solarium. There was a sign in one of the promenade cabin windows that said something like, "We paid for the ship, we want access to the whole ship" it didn't take security long to get that taken down!!!

At one of the ports, I think it was St Lucia, the film crew tried to stop me taking pictures of my family and friends standing in front of the Welcome to St Lucia Sign, they were worried that we might get the models on camera and infringe their copyright. They also tried to tell us that we could not stand on the dock and watch what they were filming, We told them in no uncertain terms that we were on public property and we would do what and go where we pleased. RCI security did back us on this point as it was getting quite heated:(, after they intervined we were left alone to do as we wanted

I was on that cruise and I've read some negative reviews from folks like uksimonusa who were definitely inconvenienced by the filming. At the same time, I talked to some fellow cruisers who were thrilled when they got to be part of the filming (I guess they did some cat walk competition on the deck that they let people watch). I wasn't affected either way. To be honest, I didn't even learn until half way through the cruise what was going on. And aside from some random run-ins in the halls or getting off the ship at port, I didn't really see the models at all. Having watched the show a few times, it was kind of cool when I crossed paths with the two coaches from the show - can't remember their names. If anything, it made for some great gossip to talk about with fellow cruisers.

I was more disappointed when the show actually came out and so little of it was on the cruise. I was thinking the whole show would be filmed on the cruise - or at least more than the beginning of the first episode. DH and I were hoping it would be a fun way to relive the trip.

Archived