Pride of America Balcony BB 999.00

ebkallen

I think it must have been some kind of fire sale because the next day the BB's were all gone for my sailing. I am sorry "Louise" if you couldn't find it. I had paid already but final payment wasn't due so they are crediting me the $. Keep checking until your cruise as this is how I have managed to pick up a few discounts. Actually, I asked my PCC one last time to check for me when the price was $4500 and she said there was nothing. I went in and did a res. online, then gave her the # to show the price. Sometimes it pays to be persistent.

on the $999 balcony sale for POA. I told the woman how wonderful tha was. She was ready to apply my deposit to the 4/25 sailing since she knows we cruise on my BD. But I asked her about the air. Delta is $1500 a couple. We tried to use air miles & were bumped from the flight since it was for paying customers. She stated insurance will not cover it. So we told her no thank you, but let us know on any others.

Well, I answered my own question...and will post that here because it may be of even greater savings for anyone reading.

Per NCL, to use this code, you must be a member of an AFL-CIO affiliated union.

Not a union member? A little googling helped me find out that ANYONE with an interest in workers rights can join "Working America", AFL-CIO's community affiliate with an optional membership fee of $5. Their benefits page links straignt to NCL page explaining the "Union Plus Freestyle Cruising discount". You would need to provide proof of membership to qualify for the discount.

I signed up and paid the $5 optional membership fee. I contacted NCL and they said I would have to call back on Monday because they did not think the union discount would apply to the $999 rate. We are sailing on the May 2nd POA cruise. Any advice before I speak with someone again would be greatly appreciated!!

A membership welcome e-mail is provided instantly. A membership card is sent out within a few weeks.

Thanks for mentioning the Working America site, I'm a union member but not one that gets discounts on the cruiselines.

I signed up for this but wasn't asked to pay the $5 membership, I did get a welcome email though. I wonder if I did something wrong?:confused:

Archived