Good Friday in San Juan

SailingSal

We will be in San Juan for Good Friday this year and would like to attend a Catholic Service. We are staying at the Sheraton and thought perhaps there would be a re-enactment of the stations of the cross. Does anyone have any info for us?:confused:

We will be in San Juan for Good Friday this year and would like to attend a Catholic Service. We are staying at the Sheraton and thought perhaps there would be a re-enactment of the stations of the cross. Does anyone have any info for us?:confused:

it is done islandwide . this day is observed in Puerto Rico (no work, no school, malls closed)

Orquidia- any idea what time it is done at the Cathedral or other churches in OSJ?

it is done in the morning hours, their website is not working right now, check later (Arquidiócesis de San Juan)

I was in town today.

The re-enactment in the street is at 5pm on Good Friday.

They also have on Good Friday: prayers/services at 1pm, 3pm (stations of the Cross) and 7pm.

They have an 8pm prayer vigil on Saturday

Sunday 11am Mass.

• 3 years later...

We are staying at Caleta 64 precruise and wondered what we may experience being so close to the Cathedral on Good Friday. I looked at the Cathedrals website but it is in Spanish. I would love to go to a service and watch the reenactment in the streets...do they do that every year? Does anybody know the schedule of these events? I read that there was a Last Supper renactment on Thursday night, but also not sure if that is something they do each year. Thank you for your advice!

it is done islandwide . this day is observed in Puerto Rico (no work, no school, malls closed)

We have a segway tour booked for this day in old San Juan. Will all the shops and restaurants be closed then? Maybe we need to pick a different day to do Old San Juan?

RangerMom, I have been told that all the tourist areas and the forts in OSJ will be open on Good Friday...I assume that means your segway tour too. We had friends who did that last year and had a ball! Also confirmed that Barrachinas will be open that night and the Flamenco dancing show will be on...there are two ships in port that day so they have good reason to stay open!

I am curious about some of the religious activities that will be going on...hopefully a local will fill me in!

Archived