Has anyone recently been on Vision of the Seas?

My husband, daughter and I just returned this week from the Vision of the Seas Cruise with the Southern Caribbean itinerary. We absolutely loved it. Ship was great, staff and entertainment were excellent. Our favourite island was Aruba but also loved the rainforest and views from Dominica. I have not looked to see whether you have the same itinerary for your cruise.

We flew in the day before since you can't trust the winter weather and flight delays and stayed at the Melia Santo Domingo which was located about 40 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from the cruise port.

We arrived at the port about 1:30 (for our 9:00 pm sailing) and that was fine - not too busy and got on efficiently and still had the better part of the day to orient ourselves to the ship.

Happy to give you more info if you need it.

Happy cruising!

We were on the Vision in Jan. We had a different itinerary than you. We enjoyed the food & cruise. Americans were a minority on the ship. Be prepared for a lot of rude behavior.

The vendors in Santo Domingo were the most aggressive of any we ever encountered. The service at the hotel was the best we have ever encountered.

The check in at the pier was a total cluster. No one knew what was going on. Some people had to pay a debarking fee, others didn't.

We were upgraded to an Owners Suite. So, we loved the cruise.:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I came off the ship about a month ago. It was my first cruise, and my travel agent told me that this is one of their smaller ships - but we would find it to be good. Well, the ship, although a bit on the old side, does not show it at all ! Everything was sparkling clean, in working order, and the employees did everything they could to make your vacation special. I was so impressed, I came home and within two weeks, booked a second cruise for September '09. Unfortunately, the next cruise isn't on Vision - it is on Enchantment. I hope I enjoy it as much.

If you want to see a bit of my cruise, take a look at this 4 minute video I took of our favorite poolside waiter. His name is Prince Charles - Tell him Hello from Ken and Jo !

Here is a video clip of Prince Charles -

- will really get you wanting to go on the ship even more ! It will put you in the mood.

Don't worry about the ship - you will love it !

KGHalbe

Seadude,

If you want a preview of what you are about to experience, take a look at the video I shot onboard the Vision about 6 weeks ago. It will get you pumped up and ready to go !

If you see him, Prince Charles, tell him you saw his video that Ken and Jo uploaded. He is great !!!

Enjoy your trip !

Ken

Luvcrusin14: Hello. I noticed you stayed at the Melia S.D. We are leaving on the Vision transatlantic from S.D. on 4/19 and are staying at the Melia S.D. 2 nights. Was just wondering how your stay was? How did you get from the hotel to the port, and how much was it? How many of you were there? We are 2 couples staying at the Melia pre-cruise. Do you think we can all fit in one taxi? Any comments would be appreciated. One other thing: Where did you eat near the hotel and how was it?

The day we shot the video was his birthday, and Jo found out. She borrowed the bands microphone, and had most people on the pool deck singing happy birthday to him. There were maybe 200 or so people. He said he would never forget his 33rd birthday.

He took good care of us and was extremely pleasant. If you only make a "buddy" of one person on the ship, make it him. I hope to meet up with him one day in the future, as he is as good a person as one can ask for. He made our vacation the best week of our lives. But realize, that I am not trying to take away from the other employees on the ship - they ALL went out of their way so we (everyone on the cruise) would enjoy the cruise.

I am sure you will find him as likable as we did. And, the same with the ship - you will really enjoy the cruise !

Have fun,

Ken

Archived