No more Hors d’oeuvres at Captains Party?

beach410

Last October they were served both nights. But I'm sure it's possible there could have been changes since then. Honestly, for most it was always about the alcohol. However I usually held out for dinner anyway. I don't think it's possible to go hungry on a cruise ship!

There were definatly Hors D'oeuvers at the the past guest party on the Valor (First weekend in febuary), not sure about the Captanis party, we were a little on the late side and figured they were all gone allready.

No goodies at the Captains Party on the Freedom Feb 14th--it was crowded that it took up 3 different places on the ship--We are lucky we got a drink--very slow service--because not enough servers--Carnival cutting back.

Now the past guest there were goodies--and plenty of drinks to go around.:p

We're off the Conquest 7 day about 3 weeks ago. No horse doovers at the Captain's party but we did have them at the past guest party. Missed the fruit punch, too. Also noticed that the Filet Mignon is now a "Petite Filet" and includes boneless spare ribs for filler. :(

---Bruce

The lack of hor d'orves at the Captains Party did not bother us at all, after all we were headed to a nice dining room foodfest anyway, with all the appetizers, main courses & desserts you want. This way, we could mainly focus on the free drinks, which were plentiful!

I sure hope so :D . those things are terrible.

They kept trying to give em to me and this fellow asked why we didn't want them. My wife was nice and told him we didn't want to spoil dinner.

But those things really do suck !:eek:

The lack of hor d'orves at the Captains Party did not bother us at all, after all we were headed to a nice dining room foodfest anyway, with all the appetizers, main courses & desserts you want. This way, we could mainly focus on the free drinks, which were plentiful!

What kind of drinks do they serve?

The Captain's Party is open to everyone, correct?

Formal?

What kind of drinks do they serve?

The Captain's Party is open to everyone, correct?

Formal?

Yes, it's open to everyone and is typically held for an hour before the first formal night, so people are fancied up a bit. The servers carry around trays of different drinks, such as whisley sours, margaritas, wine, champagne, etc. I've heard you can also order whatever drinks you want (free), but would be good to tip nicely if you do.

Yes, it's open to everyone and is typically held for an hour before the first formal night, so people are fancied up a bit. The servers carry around trays of different drinks, such as whisley sours, margaritas, wine, champagne, etc. I've heard you can also order whatever drinks you want (free), but would be good to tip nicely if you do.

Thank you.

Since this will be my first cruise coming up, I really want to experience "everything." (Or try to anyway! :))

December on the Triumph....served at both parties.

January on the Liberty....none at the Captain's party....a few at the past guest..... Also were offering fewer selections for drinks....whiskey sours, something pink, martinis and soft drinks were on the trays.

I'm not surprised they would remove the food as a cost cutting method. These occasions, after all, are receptions...not supposed to be a eating and drinking party.

Had them on the Elation 1/29 but not on the Pride 2/15. Did have them at the past guest party on the Pride though.

Im sure its a way of cutting costs...cant complain too much their prices are lower as well...

If the hors d'oeuvres are the same as on our Freedom cruise last April I won't miss them. They were terrible. There were only 2 items. Can't remember exactoly what they were but do remember they were awful.

The cruise prior to that they had a few things which included meatballs, a little filled phyllo type thing. Pretty good items.

There were plenty of them on the Spirit Last month....and they were pretty good also....maybe it was all the rum and punches that made them taiste as good as they were, but i was content :D

None at the captains party on Imagination 4 days. Didn't miss them though! We thought they were gross. Drinks were Whiskey Sour, Lime Daquiri, Wine, Champagne, and some non alcoholic pink thing.

The servers carry around trays of different drinks, such as whisley sours, margaritas, wine, champagne, etc. I've heard you can also order whatever drinks you want (free), but would be good to tip nicely if you do.

Also Beer!

Archived