This is for elua!!

Paka

Will you be on the Golden for the round trips to Hawaii in October? Also, do you know who the Captain and DC will be? We saw you last year on our trip to Hawaii and loved your entertainment. We are excited to get to see you again....hope you will be there!

Paka

PS I was one who learned and danced the hula on the last night.

Aloha Paka,

Mahalo for the kind words. Yes, we'll be on the Golden in October for the Hawaii season. It's been a great one this year, and next promises to be even better.

I can't speak to who the captain will be, but in October, David Cole will be the cruise director. We're actually off at this moment to have some dinner at Aloha Tower with him.

Make sure you come up and say aloha when you're onboard.

Malama Pono,

Dave

Elua

Aloha Paka,

Mahalo for the kind words. Yes, we'll be on the Golden in October for the Hawaii season. It's been a great one this year, and next promises to be even better.

I can't speak to who the captain will be, but in October, David Cole will be the cruise director. We're actually off at this moment to have some dinner at Aloha Tower with him.

Make sure you come up and say aloha when you're onboard.

Malama Pono,

Dave

Elua

Dave

I saw you posting and just had to say hello and thanks again for really adding immeasurably to our cruise. Now that we're home and reflecting back we really appreciate even more what you and your wife did! (Only wish the weather had been a little better to make everything perfect. Still better than Michigan!)

THANK YOU AGAIN!

Karen and Allan

EULA, we will be on your March 18 cruise to Hawaii and this will also be our first on Princess. Can you give me some must do's for this cruise and also any information at all on what we can bring prior to boarding for the Lei making class. I am really soooooo excited about this cruise, thank you for any info I can get. :):):)

EULA, we will be on your March 18 cruise to Hawaii and this will also be our first on Princess. Can you give me some must do's for this cruise and also any information at all on what we can bring prior to boarding for the Lei making class. I am really soooooo excited about this cruise, thank you for any info I can get. :):):)

Dave may have more ideas but we were just on the Feb. 18 cruise and I will tell you what I wish I had brought. You can make flower leis with materials they will give you on the ship. We made ours on the way out to Hawaii, then wore them on Island night (after you leave Hilo) and then tossed the flowers as a memorial at the Arizona in Honolulu the next day. This was really meaningful. (You can't take the flower leis into LA after the cruise anyways)

Dave Cole (CD) gives a class on making the feather leis on the trip on the way home. They seemed easy to make so I wish I had brought eyelash yarn and grosgrain ribbon. Also ask Dave (Cole) about a craft store in Hilo that sells Hoku yarn, the metal tube you will need and large beads to put on the lei. It would have been fun to make one of these to wear on the ship AND this one you can bring home as a memory of the trip. That said, Leiloha (Dave's wife, I hope I spelled it correctly) makes and sells beautiful feather (yarn) leis. It would also have been fun to buy one of these at the BEGINNING of the trip, wear it the whole cruise and bring it home.

Dave and his wife offer ukulele and hula classes on the cruise. They are great and really make this a special trip! On our cruise sign up for these classes was in the mornings from 9 -10. Sign up early!!!!!!!!!!! These classes fill up. Also, I found I needed 2 or 3 beginner ukulele classes!

There are also lectures about Hawaii throughout the cruise that are really informative. Also Dave Cole's port talks are not the usual "go to this store" port talks. They are all about each island and really interesting.

You will really love this cruise and being later in the year should have better weather than we did. (Which was the only negative about the cruise)

The cruise staff on this ship is fabulous and if you get involved with some of the MANY activities they offer I think you'll find it will really add to your experience.

I'd be happy to offer advice on a couple of port excursions if you want.

Have a great time!

Archived