Bermuda or Bahamas Poll

Arwenmark

Which port do you prefer?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Which port do you prefer?

• Bermuda
    • Bahamas
    • Neither

This poll is like do I want to be kissed or kicked. A real no brainer.

Yes you would think that, I said to someone who cancelled a Bermuda cruise due to the ship being old, and rebooked a Bahamas cruise, that they would have enjoyed Bermuda more and someone else took exception to my saying that. LOL

At the Boston travel show a few weekends ago, I spoke with a travel agent. She indicated that her cruise to the Bahamas was diverted to Bermuda due to a hurricane. Her thought was that she had won the lottery.

I'd concur. :D

Why does everyone dislike the Bahamas so much? I've been there, but not yet Bermuda. I didn't have a problem with Nassau or Freeport but I read a lot about people not really wanting to go there.

You have not yet been to Bermuda, that says it all right there. Once you have you will know why the results are as they are.

You have not yet been to Bermuda, that says it all right there. Once you have you will know why the results are as they are.

I hope so! I didn't realize Bermuda was such a hot spot. I'm going there in May on the Dawn & I'm very excited for my trip. But I actually wasn't so thrilled that the only port was Bermuda. But I guess if everyone loves it, it's gotta be good.

I hope so! I didn't realize Bermuda was such a hot spot. I'm going there in May on the Dawn & I'm very excited for my trip. But I actually wasn't so thrilled that the only port was Bermuda. But I guess if everyone loves it, it's gotta be good.

We are going next October and I can't wait. Google it to get photos and more info. Speaking of google, I had to google to find out what the heck is a puggle. Since you are holding a bottle, I assumed it was some type of booze... but it's a dog, right?

We are going next October and I can't wait. Google it to get photos and more info. Speaking of google, I had to google to find out what the heck is a puggle. Since you are holding a bottle, I assumed it was some type of booze... but it's a dog, right?

Yes you are correct. A puggle is from a pug dad & beagle mom. And you're right. I should probably change my avatar soon. I just picked the bottle of wine BC that pic reminded me of vaca.

EDIT* I tried to post a pic of my puggle, but for some reason it didnt work.

I would go to Bermuda every year if the home ports were easier to get to for us. The people don't bother you, the pink sand, the cleanliness and the scenery and the public transportation are some of the reasons I love Bermuda. I almost forgot to mention the golf courses.

We have been to Bermuda twice and Bahama's once however returning to the Bahamas in 12 days. We prefer a visit to Bermuda mainly due to more public beach choices and we have never been anywhere in Bermuda that was dirty or felt unsafe. It's a bit concerning to see the armed guards in the Bahamas although Ive never felt unsafe its just a different atmosphere their. Both beautiful but in different ways!

BERMUDA - This will be my fourth time to Bermuda and we will be doing things we haven't done yet. To be honest we didn't venture too far from the port in Nassau (except to see Atlantis), but then again our short stop there didn't allow for us to do much more. I would go back to Nassau to see more of the island but at this point we prefer Bermuda.

This is a no-brainer for me! Bermuda!

I love the opportunity to be in port for 3+ days...be it Hamilton, St.George's or Kings Wharf. I love the charm of Bermuda and how incredibly hospitable the people are. I love the cleanliness of the island and the beauty of it's natural landscape and beaches.

Bermuda was my first cruise ever...on the old Home Lines Atlantic...and it simply holds great emotional value for me and got me hooked on cruising. My kids' first cruise ever was on the Celebrity Meridian and they became hooked as well.

Last October, after many years' absence, I took a Bermuda cruise again...this time on the Dawn... and realized that the love affair was still in place and how very much I had missed being there. I don't think I'll ever go more than 2 years without visiting again.

Archived