Purchasing liquor in port?

Im a Tequila guy.....can I buy a bottle or 2 of local tequila while in Cozumel and bring it back to the ship and back inot Miami?? How about cigars...can I buy a couple Cuban cigars and bring them back to the states??? Silly questions, but I DONT KNOW!!

Thanks fantasy....wow, QUICK response!!! SWEEET!!!

Be sure to check the prices on the tequila you like on the ship before you go into Cozumel so you know which is a better deal. Sometimes the ship prices are better or they might be having a special for buying 2 bottles.

Often they will relax the allowed limit on liquor too. In Tampa, they let everyone bring back 3 liters per person last time I was there. It's usually 1, but really, the tax amount if you declare it isn't that bad - often still way better than buying at home.

Funny thing about cigars, take off the band and no one knows where they came from. (Hint hint).

You're allowed 1 liter duty free, if you went to the USVI then you're allowed 5 liters.

How long have you been in Temecula? I grew up in San Jacinto.

Vegas....bought a home in T-town back in "92". We live out near the wineries.

Im a VP of a small mobility company(handicap accessable type equipment) in the Hemet area, so Im very close to San Jac. Let me tell you, San Jac. just keeps getting bigger!!!

Vegas...Ive gone onto several sites TRYING to get an idea of beverage prices. Several people have given me links to updated prices, but many of the links are down.

Can you give me a quick answer to the price of a can of Coke/Pepsi, beer, and a cocktail? Im asking because Im hearing HORROR stories of the final bill many cruisers get on thier last day. Ive already pre-paid the $10 per day per person charge. THANKS BRO!!!

Vegas...Ive gone onto several sites TRYING to get an idea of beverage prices. Several people have given me links to updated prices, but many of the links are down.

Can you give me a quick answer to the price of a can of Coke/Pepsi, beer, and a cocktail? Im asking because Im hearing HORROR stories of the final bill many cruisers get on thier last day. Ive already pre-paid the $10 per day per person charge. THANKS BRO!!!

We don't drink sodas, beers I think were $3.75 for 12 oz and $5.00 for a 16 oz bottle. Our bar bill on our last cruise was under $40 (1 bottle of wine in the dining room).

Our smuggled bounty of 2 bottles of rum and 2 bottles of wine from each port made us through the sailing.

Hemet's the PERFECT place for a business related to the elderly or mobility impaired population.

Vegas...THANKS!! Ive been asking this for 2 days, and you are the ONLY one to give me a quick answer!!

Im a first timer... doing the Miami, Key West, Cozumel cruise at the end of this month. Ive booked a snorkel gig with my family in Key West...but unsure about Cozumel. What do you know about Cozumel...any suggestions??

Cozumel is great for relaxing on the beach, snorkeling, scuba diving and drinkinging great beers and eating awesome food. I'll be there and across the bay in Playa Del Carmen at the end of April. When is your cruise? Have you tried the Cozumel destination board? There are some great beach clubs where for $50 or less for the day you can eat and drink all you want. The Fury Catmaran is a fun booze cruise/snorkel trip.

Again...thanks for your help this evening.(more important than you know!!)

My wife, 2 daughter 10-14 and I will be on the IMAGINATION from March 23-27. Kids are looking forward to the kids clubs and making new friends....wife and I are looking forward to spending time with the girls during the day and doing some HEAVY partying at night!!! By the way, we did book a snorkel in Key West.

Michael, Tip of the day. In Cozumel, if your spouse is doing some jewerly shopping downtown, most stores have free shots of Tequila for the men as the wife shops.:D

You can't go wrong with Mr. Sancho's, I have been there 2x.:)

It was nice and quiet...the kids loved it - we have 3 boys 18, 15, and 5. The food was good and the prices very reasonable. My mom went and loved it too. It's been a while since we were there, but we continualliy talk about going back.

Archived