nh red sox fan-where do you stay?

searoses

hi-hope to do a trip to barbados next year. where do you stay?looking for good ac,a pool,and quiet after dark. thanks. will be there off a ship soon and can't wait to spend another wonderful day eating flying fish and swimming.

hi-hope to do a trip to barbados next year. where do you stay?looking for good ac,a pool,and quiet after dark. thanks. will be there off a ship soon and can't wait to spend another wonderful day eating flying fish and swimming.

I stay at the Crane Resort. Go to their web site at www.thecrane.com and check out the pool and other photos. There's also a short video on their site. I love The Crane, but admit it's not for everyone. I think it's more for couples who don't care about a lot of night life. It's away from the west coast where most of the other hotels are. Some people like to be able to walk to restaurants and shopping and you can't do that at The Crane. They only have two restaurants so far & by next year two more. This is why we always rent a car. But - this resort has the most dramatically beautiful setting in all of Barbados, possibly even in all of the Caribbean. The Crane has been under construction for several years and still is. Check it out and let me know if you think this is your kind of place.

Well, there's an elevator to the beach and if you stayed in a garden view room - or - in the original 1887 building, it's quite affordable. The first time we went there we stayed in room #3 in the historic building which is building #1. I loved it. Those rooms are the least expensive and face the sea. There's only three of those category so the prices aren't posted, you have to email the hotel directly. I think they call them building one, studio units.

I suggest you go there for lunch on your cruise and at least soak up the atmosphere. They have salads and sandwiches. It's not expensive and the atmosphere is very laid back - not snooty.

• 2 weeks later...

The Crane is one of my most favorite places. It is so elegant and I love those four-poster mahogany beds and that deep, relaxing tub. And don't forget the view!

The Crane has sale prices every now and again. For instance, for March stays (right now), there is a 50% off sale. Plus, they participate in the Best of Barbados sale from May-July and September-December every year, offering daily breakfast, air credits, free nights, and much more. It's a significant savings over the regular price.

It would be well worth it for you to spend at least a couple nights there. If you don't stay there on this visit, be sure to go to their Sunday brunch; it's an out-of-this world experience!

Silver Point is another nice property with a really good price. It's pretty breezy on that side of the island and out of the way, so you'll definitely need a car or taxi service. Also try Colony Club, Tamarind Cove, and Treasure Beach on the West Coast.

Margaret

Bridgetown Travel Agency

very tempting....thanks. i'm from maine-aren't you just sick of snow???:eek:

Yes. Very sick of snow, but today I can see patches of brown lawn where some snow has melted. It was 49 degrees today!! Also, I'm going on a 5-day cruise on Sunday, so I can make it until then.

Archived