Has anyone been to the "monkey farm?"

cruisinqt

I read a post here about going to the "monkey farm" in Majahaul. The person said they had a great time and their kids got to hold the monkeys. Playing with and holding monkeys sounds like lots of fun.:) Apparently, the monkey farm is free but they do encourage donations. The person said the taxi ride is $30 and the taxi driver stays with you until it's time to go and then returns you to the pier. But I have a few questions.

First of all, has anyone else done this? I would feel better if other people have done this and enjoyed it. Also, is the taxi ride $30 each way or is that the price for a round trip? What is the place like? Is it clean, and does it have decent bathrooms? Playing with monkeys would be a once in a lifetime thing that my children would love to do. And this sounds pretty cheap too. We thought of doing this trip to the "monkey farm" and then spending the rest of the day at the beach in Majahual. Does anyone have any info. on this place?:confused:

• 3 weeks later...

We were there last week. Its not a monkey farm but they rehabilitate mokeys that are injured.

Had a lot of fun. BUT bring the bug spray If you dont have any ask the taxi driver to stop for you it is a must.

REMEMBER THE BUG SPRAY

Archived