Thomson Celebration Pearls of the Aegean 1-8 May09

We are going on our first cruise for my 40th birthday(ouch!) on Thomson Celebration 1-8 May 09.We are taking our two children 11 and 7 and want to know if there are any more families on this cruise. I appreciate it is in term time but my birthday is during the cruise and this seemed a special way of celebrating it.

Has anyone used the kids clubs?

What sort of menu do they have for the children?11 year old will try anything but as for 6 year old....well thats a different story!

You will have a great time !

We went on the Celebration colourful coasts, it was half term though so there were loads of children on board. my 2, 5 and 9 loved the kids club, they had 3 sessions a day, they didnt go to them all ! They would pick them up from the cabins for breakfast a few days and all went to see a show together, they watched films and had a party.

I have a fussy 5 year old who ate mainly bread, cheese, cooked meat etc. He is a pain ! My 9 year old had roast dinners, steak, curry, everything. In the lido there is plenty of choice and in the meridian they have a childrens menu. The grill outside is open till 7pm and you can get pizzas, burgers, chips etc there.

• 4 weeks later...

Have a wonderfull birthday when it comes, according to thomson holidays the children are taken down the other end of the boat (ship) and activities are constantly available, however since I am not going with children sorry i should say (pretend not to be children) Mother and sister we have agreed my wife and I to bite the bullet and travel together for this journey,,,,,, God Help Me,,,,,,,, LOL

if I have any problems chestnut i will call on you to take them of our hands LOL

they do and act like children most of the time but they say everyday is a school day, hope you have a good time we may however bump into each other, I will be the guy with the big Camera as photography is a bit of a pation for me, it will be strange not to write a review on flyfishing for a change, But i Am sure we will enjoy it as much as you, Just look for the guy with 2 oopalumpas, and a wee wife reading a book, my little mother has an uncanny likeness to Charlie Drake, What a thought LOL I wont mention my sister,

We done Colouful Coasts on 7th March - away for my 39th so dont know how to to it next Year!!!!! There were not many kids on as term time. Didnt use the kids clubs as my 2 are 13 & 11 the 11 yr old thinks hes too big for all that. They still sent him separate cruise news tho & he still got a t shirt at the end of the cruise. They both had a fab time, they are not fussy eaters but if they were I am sure they would have found something. They were having burgers from the outside grill & ice cream with sauces. The pools are not particularly child friendly but there is a small paddling pool. (Water was freezing). I am so envious as we all loved the cruise & I particularly fancy this one. Happy Birthday too.

• 4 weeks later...

Firstly, enjoy your birthday!

We are going too, for my mum's birthday (the 6th), as she loves cruising!

This will be my second cruise, my mum and dad's third.

We know people that have used the kids club and last year we whent on halloween and all the children seemed to be enjoying themselves there.

Im 15 and my brother is 13 so we aren't really at that sort of age, but we sat at a table with a small child last time and he had various thing like pizza, chips, jacket potatoes, fish fingers etc.

Hi

I notice a few replies here from people with children. My daughter is 4 and we go on the Adriatic cruis 19 June.

I am a little concerned for her safety by the railings! Can anybody offer any thoughts?

Thanks

We done Colouful Coasts on 7th March - away for my 39th so dont know how to to it next Year!!!!! There were not many kids on as term time. Didnt use the kids clubs as my 2 are 13 & 11 the 11 yr old thinks hes too big for all that. They still sent him separate cruise news tho & he still got a t shirt at the end of the cruise. They both had a fab time, they are not fussy eaters but if they were I am sure they would have found something. They were having burgers from the outside grill & ice cream with sauces. The pools are not particularly child friendly but there is a small paddling pool. (Water was freezing). I am so envious as we all loved the cruise & I particularly fancy this one. Happy Birthday too.

Hi don't forget the Colourful Coasts will be on the Escape next year. WE've been on her before and will be on her again this year and really looking forward to being back aboard.

Berwyn

Archived