Paradise Point Skyride for group?

esbie11

I was wondering if anyone has done the skyride to Paradise Point before? We have a group of 22 of us and my fiance and I will be getting married at while in St. Thomas. Our luncheon reception ends at 2pm, however we don't have to be back on the ship until 4:30. I am trying to think of something (reasonably cheap) that we can all do during that 2 1/2 hour period. I will still be in my wedding dress so I clearly don't want to do any water-related activities or anything that involves alot of activity. Would it make sense to do the skyride with everyone? Is it worth the $18 per person? I read that it is a 5-10 minute walk from the pier...would I be ok making that walk in my wedding dress (would I get too hot and sweaty?) Any other suggestions of what we could do with our guests for 2 hours or so?

We did the skyride to Paradise Point last week while we had a stop in St. Thomas. In my opinion it was definitely worth the $18 per person. The views at the top were just spectacular so it might make for some really nice wedding pictures. It was about 10 minutes to walk there from the ship. We were kind of taking in the scenery, enjoying the walk and taking our time so we did not get hot or sweaty. We did go early in the morning though so it was cooler. Once you go up the skyride there are some stairs you can take to go further up for some really awesome views. We sat at the restaurant up there and had a drink afterwards and it was hot by the time we left. With it being in the afternoon when you will be there and having to walk up stairs the wedding dress may be a bit too hot. It was a great excursion though. Nice and relaxing with some beautiful views of St. Thomas.

• 3 weeks later...

If you decide you want to do Paradise Point you should contact them and see about getting a group rate, special price. Try their website for contact information http://paradisepointtramway.com/. You might also see if they will have music/band playing around the time you wanted to go, you can continue your celebrating ;). An island tour as was suggested is another good idea and a large safari bus could accomodate your whole group. I am guessing you might be using one for getting your wedding guests to the wedding anyway, so maybe ask for a combo price of the transportation plus a tour. Try http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=st.+thomas+activities+%2B+island+tours&fr=yfp-t-305&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8.

--Islander

Archived