Midtown Inn, Rodeway Inn or Airport Regency? Which is the best?

Angie8264

These hotels have very decent rates/parking rates, any idea which one would be the best bet? Mixed reviews online but a lot are older reviews any one stay at any of these recently? Any info at all would be greatly appreciated. Am driving in from Ky and want to stay one night before cruise leaves and the night the cruise returns. Thanks

which city???? miami??? FLL???

frankly i would skip them all.......

what kind of rates are you getting????

Miami area, 2 for around a 100.00 a night and one(airport regency) is 145.00(including tax, but has free parking and free shuttle to the port of miami) Rodeway charges 5.00 a day for parking if your not a guest at the hotel. Not looking for a fancy hotel just one with the basics(plan on being out sight seeing most of the time)

OK...the rodeway has some bad reviews..one recent by a CCer (wraithe) who's opinion i would trust....and it is NOT good....

the problem with many miami area airport hotels is that they are LOUSY.....

that said.........are you leaving your car or parking at the pier???? if i were you , i woud read thru this board, and head over to Priceline and bid on something......check www.betterbidding.com and www.biddingfortravel.com

you will get a place CHEAPER..it willl be BETTER and you can take the money you save and put it towards parking at the port......but dont bid less than 3 stars, preferably higher......

if you just want a decent place to stay....try the marriott towne place suites west doral....the rate is 109 per night plus tax...some TPSs have started having a hot breakfast....not sure if this is one...but they are like apartments....so you'd have a kitchen...quick trip to the grocery store for some milk, juice, maybe a frozen breakfast sandwich and you're good......just a thought......

i would skip the places you are looking at...really.....

I was planning on leaving P/U at hotel and taking a shuttle to the port. I have never used priceline, I did check out the site but I wasnt sure about it since once you bid you couldnt cancel and get a refund. I may be brave and take my chances. If you bid 3* or higher does that mean you wont get an airport hotel for certain?

I was planning on leaving P/U at hotel and taking a shuttle to the port. I have never used priceline, I did check out the site but I wasnt sure about it since once you bid you couldnt cancel and get a refund. I may be brave and take my chances. If you bid 3* or higher does that mean you wont get an airport hotel for certain?

no...hopefully it means you won't get a dump!

there are different zones to bid.......the issue with ones downtown, especially is you'll probably have to pay to park....some a/p hotels will charge, some may be free.....

i would keep looking though..........there's a bunch of places that would be OK.....now i am not sure how much a cab would cost.....and the cheap ones with shuttles are probably NOT good choices to stay in!

i have used PL a couple times...close to home...so i was fairly sure of what would come up......my cousin uses it all the time and gets great places.....i am too much of a control freak tho!

look at the sticky at the top of the board...people here post winning PL bids too........

check out the extended stay deluxe by the airport (www.extstay.com) , the hyatt place miami a/p-west doral [this SHOULD be ok...this brand is NEW so they renovated the old Amerisuites hotels.... www.hyattplace.com , maybe the springhill suites (www.marriott.com - stay away from the Courtyard right by the airport though..it is next to the full service marriott and, while it is or was recently renovated, it's at the bottom of marriott's customer service index!)

if you have AAA sometimes you can get a deal as well...

good luck

if you just want a decent place to stay....try the marriott towne place suites west doral....the rate is 109 per night plus tax

Thank you so much I just called and booked this hotel, it looks and sounds great and also has a great price! Thanks you so much for the advice!:)

great! hope it works for you.....it looks good on marriott.com and it was renovated in 08. I've stayed in several of them and they are kinda fun...heck you could probably grab some ground beef and rolls and BBQ some burgers for dinner! they have a grill....

have fun............glad it worked out...

These hotels have very decent rates/parking rates, any idea which one would be the best bet? Mixed reviews online but a lot are older reviews any one stay at any of these recently? Any info at all would be greatly appreciated. Am driving in from Ky and want to stay one night before cruise leaves and the night the cruise returns. Thanks

Go to easyclicktravel and check out their rates...I got the Intercontinental for 99 plus tax. ..do have to pay to park, but great place

Go to easyclicktravel and check out their rates...I got the Intercontinental for 99 plus tax. ..do have to pay to park, but great place

Thanks I checked into that too but the rates for that hotel at the time I am leaving are a lot higher. I already booked the Townplace Suites 109+tax and also has free parking! I think its a great deal. :) Will stay the night before and the night the cruise returns. Will have to pay for cab to the port but with the money I am saving on parking that wont be a problem! May even have a pre-cruise BBQ party! Thanks again Meg for all the great advice!

Archived