Dolphin Swim - Please help!

five of us

We are trying to decide whether to do the dolphin swim from Bay of Islands or Christchurch. We have heard Akaroa Black Cat are very good? We are on Rapsody in January 2010 and would really appreciate any assistance. Has anyone done one that they can recomend. We are in Christchurch for two hours longer if that would make a difference? Please any help would be wonderful.

Shelley:)

The water is probably a little warmer to the north (although your swimsuit takes cares of that mostly). The other thing is it may be better to schedule for your first destination as there is the risk of closure at Akaroa - the day we were there they didn't run them due to weather conditions. Although fine, the water was too choppy.

Hi Shelley,

I have been recommended to do the dolphin swim in Tauranga, if it wasnt the port to Rotorua we probably would do it here. From what I have read and been told Tauranga is a great place and we are not going to see much of it because of going to Rotorua, Im worried about the time frame at Christchurch.

I have also been told that the water is warmer in the north, but unless it it as warm as bath water i'll be cold anyway!!

Dolphin seafaris, Butlers swim with dolphins and South sea vagabond all operate out of Tauranga,

Happy researching

Jo:)

Hi Shelley,

I have been recommended to do the dolphin swim in Tauranga, if it wasnt the port to Rotorua we probably would do it here. From what I have read and been told Tauranga is a great place and we are not going to see much of it because of going to Rotorua, Im worried about the time frame at Christchurch.

I have also been told that the water is warmer in the north, but unless it it as warm as bath water i'll be cold anyway!!

Dolphin seafaris, Butlers swim with dolphins and South sea vagabond all operate out of Tauranga,

Happy researching

Jo:)

Hi Jestley,

Hows your researching going, i looked into the dolphin swim from Tauranga and one of the ones i had contacted were surprised to learn that our ship departs at 3pm as he has only seen the cruiseboats leave around 5 or 6pm.

Do you have us leaving at 3pm on your information. Also i have noticed we get to Napier at 11am (it seems late) is that correct as well? These two just seem to be weird times?? These are my times i have for the ports could you please see if yours correspond: Bay of island 9-6, Auckland 7-6, Tauranga 7-3, Napier 11-6, Wellington 9-6, Christchurch 7-6, Dunedin 7-6. Thanks Jo, talk soon

:)

Hi Jestley,

Hows your researching going, i looked into the dolphin swim from Tauranga and one of the ones i had contacted were surprised to learn that our ship departs at 3pm as he has only seen the cruiseboats leave around 5 or 6pm.

Do you have us leaving at 3pm on your information. Also i have noticed we get to Napier at 11am (it seems late) is that correct as well? These two just seem to be weird times?? These are my times i have for the ports could you please see if yours correspond: Bay of island 9-6, Auckland 7-6, Tauranga 7-3, Napier 11-6, Wellington 9-6, Christchurch 7-6, Dunedin 7-6. Thanks Jo, talk soon

Hi Shelley,

My times correspond with yours, I was surprised at the depart time at Tauranga, I think ive seen the 11.00am arrive time at Napier on other

ships. Ive been told that the ships depart time at Tauranga depends on the tide.It will be one of those things we will do all this planning and on the day we dock they will say we have to be on board at 5 instead of 3.We would like to and have a go in the zorb, that looks great fun and its on the way to Rotorua

We are going to do the dolphins at bay of islands, its going to be a day for doing something on the water. We are going to do our own thing in Napier, we will prob hire bikes. Aukland, Wellington have lots to do without travelling far, we will prob go to antartic centre in Christchurch and go punting on the Avon, we are wondering tho if its possible to hire a car and drive to Kaikoura from Christchurch in the time. Dunedin we are not sure, we have been to cadburys world over here( fab for chocoholics) we mite hire a car and go for a drive. Ive had loads of info off these boards. I am going to check that 3.00pm time and i will let you know what i find out, happy researching

Jo

Archived