Ncl ship in vancouver for olympics

TCF

Saw on the local news tonight that NCL is going to park one of its larger ships, (I missed the name!!!), in Vancouver harbour during the 2010 Winter Olympics and rent out cabins, suites, etc. like a luxury hotel for those attending the games. They're renting the rooms in blocks of four days for, I think they said, $3000. As is typical of TV news the story was short on detail, but it seemed to me that the ship has been chartered by some locals as a business proposition rather than NCL undertaking the plan on its own.

Bet they fill it!

There are three other cruise ships being moored in the harbour during the games to house the security personel but I don't know which line they are from. Someone said HAL but I can't see that.

I am actually hoping to be able to book either the repo up to Vancouver or the repo back to LA after the Games next year as the Star is one of my favorite ships.

I don't think the plan to use other cruise ships for security personal is going ahead - believe the RCMP who are responsible for security backed out of the deal because of the costs.

Cheers

Dennis

Archived