destiny lido bar

i have ready that the lido stays open 24 hours a day and offers tea and coffee. is this true? i am travelling with a member of my family who doesnt sleep much and we think that this might be the answer to people been disturbed during the night

Yes, the Lido does have 24 hour food and hot drinks. (I think it's a more limited menu from about midnight - but there's always something available.) The hot drinks are self-service. The dispenser has coffee and iced or hot water. There are tea bags and herbal/fruit/camomile type teas available to brew to your own taste and lemon slices should you prefer lemon tea. I also take sachets of cappuccino coffee which we like and I can make those in the Lido too.

It's very useful if you're prone to sleepless nights and as it's so warm in the Caribbean, even whilst sailing, it's pleasant to sit out and have a drink whenever you want one.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes - I don't think it's an issue at all. Iced water is served at meal times too and almost everyone drinks it. Also, all the cocktails and many drinks come with ice. If it was a problem, there would be widespread illness on board - which has never been the case when we've travelled on Thomson ships.

Archived