Bringing cans of beer onboard

300EXPRESS

Only one month until we sail the Freedom - can't wait!!

I've been spending hours reading everything I can from these boards - sooooo helpful! Thanks everyone!

Now, I haven't read anything about bringing some cans of Miller Lite in our checked baggage when we board the ship.....can we do this? I know about the wine, I've already got my small box that I will pack.

Has anyone done this? We have a balcony room and would sure like to have some in our room.

My ex took a case in a wheeled carryon at a couple of different cruise ports. They just scanned it and let it go. Once they looked at him and he told them that the ship didn't stock the brand he drinks.

yes if you only drink in your room the cans will be fine. If you intend to walk around with the can, no...... It used to be the wide mouth plastic 16oz miller lite, now it is the 16oz regular plastic bottles. I wish I would of known this before hand. We alway bring the blue alum bottles of bud lite. I don't like that as much, but we could never find the wide mouth miller lite. What you do if you want to carry your own beer to the lido deck, buy the first bucket and when you put your empties in the bucket, put the cap back on the bottle. This makes it look like you didn't drink it yet The waiters will leave you alone. Bring it back to your room and refill it with your drinks. Saves a lot of money that way. We've done this on 12 cruises and we always get our beer and liquor to our room. we sail out of new orleans and galveston and mobile....so...... enjoy

yes if you only drink in your room the cans will be fine. If you intend to walk around with the can, no...... It used to be the wide mouth plastic 16oz miller lite, now it is the 16oz regular plastic bottles. I wish I would of known this before hand. We alway bring the blue alum bottles of bud lite. I don't like that as much, but we could never find the wide mouth miller lite. What you do if you want to carry your own beer to the lido deck, buy the first bucket and when you put your empties in the bucket, put the cap back on the bottle. This makes it look like you didn't drink it yet The waiters will leave you alone. Bring it back to your room and refill it with your drinks. Saves a lot of money that way. We've done this on 12 cruises and we always get our beer and liquor to our room. we sail out of new orleans and galveston and mobile....so...... enjoy

I can't believe you actually did this:p They don't blink an eye if they see a product that they don't sell......believe me.

Carnival rules only allow one bottle of wine per passenger. If you want to bring beer you must pack it in checked luggage as it will most likely be detected and confiscated in carry-on bags. Once your beer is on board you do not need to hide it. Flaunting it would be tacky but no one will pester you about it. Just remember that glass bottles are prohibited on the open decks.

Thanks for the good info. I will look for 16 oz plastic bottles!! You've been very helpful!!!!!!!!!!

But the question is ...How do you keep it cold? From what I've seen on these boards, not all extended balconey cabins have refrigerators. Can you get enough ice daily to effectively chill your beer without having the cooler leak water all over the place?

But the question is ...How do you keep it cold? From what I've seen on these boards, not all extended balconey cabins have refrigerators. Can you get enough ice daily to effectively chill your beer without having the cooler leak water all over the place?

Just ask your room steward to keep it full every day........

an extra tip never hurt;) We always keep our ice chest out on the balcony. That way if it leaks it doesn't matter......

Just bring a collapsible cooler in your luggage. Ask your steward to keep your beverages iced up in said cooler. Keep the cooler in the bathroom so the sweat isn't an issue. Give your kind and hard working steward a generous tip for providing this service. :cool:

See...it's really all so easy! :D

Another good tip: You can buy beer at any of your ports of call and carry it back on board with no problems. We usually get a couple six-packs of Kalik's to bring back. This is great fun because once we sail away from the Bahamas lots of fellow pax ask "where did you get that?" :p

P.S. Hi ya K!:cool:

Another good tip: You can buy beer at any of your ports of call and carry it back on board with no problems. We usually get a couple six-packs of Kalik's to bring back. This is great fun because once we sail away from the Bahamas lots of fellow pax ask "where did you get that?" :p

P.S. Hi ya K!:cool:

Hey fin! :)

I miss all my beer drankin friends:(

You only need to have the next few hours worth cold. And there's room enough for a 12 pack in the fridge. :D

Only one month until we sail the Freedom - can't wait!!

I've been spending hours reading everything I can from these boards - sooooo helpful! Thanks everyone!

Now, I haven't read anything about bringing some cans of Miller Lite in our checked baggage when we board the ship.....can we do this? I know about the wine, I've already got my small box that I will pack.

Has anyone done this? We have a balcony room and would sure like to have some in our room.

On our Pride cruise my good friend packed 20 cans of Budweiser in his checked bag. That night everyone got their bags delivered but him. He was so worried they had descovered his stash. But late that night he went to lost and found to report his missing bag, and there it was the luggage tag had fallen off.:D

Hey fin! :)

I miss all my beer drankin friends:(

I know! Me too! I never have time to come on anymore, but I'm a week away from next cruise, so thus am worthless at work! LOL

BTW, this is not a hijack!;)

To the OP, we usually bring our 16 oz plastic Miller Lite bottles in (along with some diet Coke bottles) in an insulated cooler bag. Put a luggage tag on it and it's usually the first piece of luggage that we get! :cool:

Archived