Difficulties finding an itinerary with Egypt!

haras

Hi all,

I'm trying to plan a family cruise for next year (hopefully during Christmas time) that will include a stop in Egypt so we can see the pyramids. Any suggestions? I've been trying to find some, but haven't been very successful. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

We are on Radisson Voyager World Cruise which stops in Egypt. This is sold in segments for those not wanting to do the complete cruise. This happens to be Segment 6 which sails from Dubai to Rome (March 24, 2005 - April 9, 2005). I know that the entire cruise is sold out but you can get wait listed as there are always last minute cancellations for one reason or another.

Other cruise line World Cruises probably also stop in Egypt.

Hi all,

I'm trying to plan a family cruise for next year (hopefully during Christmas time) that will include a stop in Egypt so we can see the pyramids. Any suggestions? I've been trying to find some, but haven't been very successful. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just got an E Mail from Oceania cruises.They are doing Egypt and India November of 2005.

Some of Costa's ships also stop in Egypt. We were on the Costa Atlantica this past October for 10 nights with stops in Naples, Italy; Messina, Sicily; Alexandria (Cairo), Egypt; Limassol, Cyprus; Marmaris, Turkey; Santorini, Greece; and Katakalon, Greece.

We also picked this particular cruise because of the Egypt stop, and we were not disappointed. The ship offered numerous excursions to Giza, and the whole cruise was amazing.

I've posted additional comments on this cruise over on the Costa board if you're interested in reading more about it.

If you have any questions, just let me know!

I do not know where exactly, but I read that next year 2 ships of MSC and 2 ships of COSTA will visit Cairo (Alexandia/ PortSaid) in december. From Genova or Savona for 12 day-cruises. I thought MSC-Lirica and Costa-Magica end two others.

Henri

• 4 weeks later...

Crystal has ports in Egypt during one of this year's World Cruise segments. We just booked a May 2006 cruise that goes India, Oman, Jordan, Egypt, and Athens. Several stops in Egypt to see the pyramids, Luxor, Cairo, Alexandria, and go through the Suez Canal. Their web site is crystalcruises.com.

We are going on Silversea leaving from Port Said (for Cairo) down the Red Sea on Silver Shadow. It's in November, though. Or you can do the one before this one in late October for 7 days. I think it's Athens to Port Said. Check it out.

• 2 months later...

Princess is doing a 12 day itinerary beginning Nov 12, 2006 with 2 days in Egypt in Port and Alexandria. When we did these ports, Princess offered an overnight in Cairo which was fabulous but expensive.

Both days began at 6am and the evening in Cairo ended around midnight. We saw more than I knew existed in the area, and the museum to name a few highlights.

We have no regrets about spending the money: we felt safe and secure. The buses travelled to Cairo in convoy fashion (I believe there was a marshall on each bus) with armed personnel in front and rear. One bus was empty in case of problems: it was used on the way back when one bus died!

Tania:

Where did you find the Nov. 2006 itinerary for Princess. I seem to be the last to find out when Princess posts their new sailings, so I would love to know your source.

After yesterday's events in Egypt we are very saddened as we were just there last month. We had a fabulous time and would highly recommend flying over and doing a land vacation and a Nile cruise. It was very inexpensive and a wonderful experience.

They are literally still trying to recover from 1997 and now this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

I've been to Egypt many times but I've never cruised TO Egypt. That is to say I've always flown into Cairo and then travelled to Alex, Sharm el-Sheik, Nile Cruise, etc.

I'm not sure where those cruiseships go when in Egypt, but I doubt it'll dock anywhere near Cairo. Cairo is in the interior of the country, although it borders the Nile, you don't see large cruise ships in Cairo. Most likely those ships stop off on the Red Sea somewhere (Hurghada/Sharm) or in Alexandria.

In any event, most people take a Nile River Cruise while in Egypt. You fly from Cairo to Upper Egypt and then board there. The cruise travels from Luxor to Aswan and highlights the major sights from Hatchepsut to Karnak, Valley of the Kings, etc. All Nile River Cruises are about the same; 3/4 days north or southbound, with an option to Abu Simbel.

If you like to snorkel, the BEST snorkeling I've ever experienced was in Sharm el-Sheik. I promise you will not be disappointed. You can add that on to your Nile Cruise.

• 4 months later...

Oceania's Nautica, 11-27-06, Istanbul to Singapore via the Suez, stops in Port Said for Cairo, and overnights at Luxor (Safaga).

We started the booking process yesterday, for what looks like a great itinerary, and Oceania currently has a two-for-one with free air special on this trip (among others).

:D Glad you started the process - Oceania was very heavily booked up within a short time of announcing their first Asia cruises for 2005-2006 and will probably repeat their success.

Egypt will be an anjoyable stop for the ship - but be aware that Cairo and Port Said are some distance apart and traffic is unbelievable!!

Luxor allows an "overnight" on shore which you may prefer. First day is a tour of Karnak (which is NOT to be missed) then an overnight at a hotel. Depending on the guides, the next morning might be an early one to the Valley Of The Kings. The ticket office opens at 6 am and the preferred tombs usually sell out in a matter of minutes! In the Valley oOf The Queens, the tomb of Nefertari (most beautiful) is limited by the government to about 100 people a day - and is the first one gone.

However, there are many others to see, before returning to the ship in the afternoon.

Let us know when you receive confirmation - -

Dick

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old post... (2005!!) but since someone revived it yesterday, I might as well offer some information!

I know that many cruiseline now offer stops in Egypt - 1 or 2 days! We were on Azamara Quest Ancient Empires last November and had 1 day in Alexandria - you can read my comments at this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1093169

And a full review here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=60548

We are going back, this time on Azamara Quest Mediterranean Holy Land and will have 2 ports in Egypt (Port Said and Alexandria).

So lots to choose from, and a great country to visit or re-visit!!

MC

• 3 weeks later...

Archived