Deck or Beach Bag.

basill1970f

For Florida cruisers, Publix does sell the one for four bottles, but used alone might be too small.

basill1970f...sure, I can always find something to obsess on regarding cruising! My family has a great time, but really they can't take my constant chatter on anything cruise related.

Holly,

I cannot recall a day since my first sailing 6 years ago that I havent said the word cruise at least once.. ;)

speaking of publix.. oh gosh their chicken fingers are sooo delicious... the ones from the deli... ohhh drool....... no publix here but you bet your biffy when im around a publix thats what I get ;)

We use a backpack with several compartments. Keep the camera and cell phone in one separate from sun screen. Towels in the large compartment, etc. Works great and is easy to carry ashore.

We use a backpack with several compartments. Keep the camera and cell phone in one separate from sun screen. Towels in the large compartment, etc. Works great and is easy to carry ashore.

I think as well the backpack would be the best for ashore... would hold more and be easier to tote around..

we travel with carry on only and a backpack isnt one of my carry ons so no go for me.. ;) i see lots of them floating around though.. well not literally:)

all of this cruise talk i cant wait to sail........ but gosh i hate to wish summer away !!!!

Instead if putting multiple things in baggies- why not put the cream/lotion into a baggie?

As far as the multi compartment bag- I'm WAY too disorganized. I'd rather poke around.

lol on the poke around... just think maybe with the bag you would be organized :D j/k each person has their way of doing things.. im getting so i can finally travel with less clothes as i know half of what i pack never seems to get worn.. and if i dont take dress clothes and get no pictures thats even less space i need and less money that i spend.. less clothes to put in room closet less to repack lol i could go on and on..

but oh arent those ship photos so beautiful... believe me i have several of them..

The perfect deck bag exists - and it IS much like this wine bag. It's called the "Rocket Pocket" by Bungalow Scout. They sell them on ebay. Six wine bottle sized pockets on the outside and a secure center compartment that zips up and fits a beach towel. Just go to ebay and do a search. They come in all different pretty fabrics that are sturdy and water resistant and look much cuter with your suit than a Kroeger's bag. Only catch is they do cost $35 which is bit steep compared the ol' Kroeger's model. If you want to stay low budget, Trader Joe's makes an inexpensive 6 bottle wine tote just like Kroegers but it is maroon colored. You can get those on ebay too for $2.49.

What a wonderful idea! I don't drink wine but I will look in our local store for the prices. I lost my ear bud cover last year on a cruise and one of these bags would be perfect for everything I need to carry for on deck:D

Archived