Is there a Mall near the Crowne Plaza

lilkrz

I have read that the Crowne Plaza by the Port has a shuttle service that will take you to the Del Amo Shopping Centre. Does anyone know if it is a Mall with stores like Macys, Sears & AMC theatre in it? If it's not a mall does anyone know what type of stores are there.

Thanks

I have read that the Crowne Plaza by the Port has a shuttle service that will take you to the Del Amo Shopping Centre. Does anyone know if it is a Mall with stores like Macys, Sears & AMC theatre in it? If it's not a mall does anyone know what type of stores are there.

Thanks

Unless they have built a new one, the Del Amo Mall is in Torrance, which is a good many miles from the Ports in either San Pedro or Long Beach. It is a normal mall.

http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=1240

Frankly, I would be a little surprised if they would take you that far in a hotel shuttle.

Unless they have built a new one, the Del Amo Mall is in Torrance, which is a good many miles from the Ports in either San Pedro or Long Beach. It is a normal mall.

http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=1240

Frankly, I would be a little surprised if they would take you that far in a hotel shuttle.

The hotel website says "...complimentary shuttle service to and from Del Amo Mall, Costco, and anywhere within a 5 mile radius from the hotel."

I have heard before that they will shuttle you to Del Amo...it is about 10 miles from the hotel, but it is really the closest major mall to San Pedro...

And it's a bit more than an average mall...It's the second largest mall in California and the 14th largest in the United States...It is a bit on the older side...and not as spectcular as the South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa (the largest mall in the Wetern US) or as ritzy as some other area malls...but, it IS big...and as close to Pedro as you'll get one...

Yes, the Crowne Plaza will complimentary shuttle you to the Del Amo Mall.

It is the closest mall, and it is huge, so has pretty much anything and everything you could want.

But, be aware of this...

It's not like they are just sitting around waiting to shuttle you over there whenever you feel like it.

It is ten miles there and back.

So, there is a sign up sheet at the concierge desk, as there are only a couple of times for it a day...

Just pay attention to that, and be aware of it.

The Del Amo Mall is quite large and sort of layed out wieird but yest, there is a Macy's. I'm still waiting for my bill to come from my February purchases from when the shuttle at the Crowne Plaza shuttled me there. Yes, it is a bit of a ways away. I too was surprised that they had shuttle service. Any yes, there is a sign up sheet at the Bell man desk for drop off times and also pick up times from the mall. You must sign up! There were so many people signed up for the 12:30 departure time that not everyone got on the shuttle. They go down the list, name by name, when they get to capacity, anyones name thereafter does not make that shuttle.

Happy shopping!

Archived