delayed embarkation/upgrades

Betsie

Can someone fill me in on how the "delayed embarkation" may work with regards to upgrades. We were planning on arriving early in the hopes of snagging an upgrade. Do they still process you/check you in and THEN you wait in the long line to actually board or are you waiting just to get checked in?? I'm trying to get a feel for when we should arrive if we are hoping for a pier upgrade - still 10:30ish???

Thanks

Betsie

I had the same experience as sue young. I checked in and then went to the pier coordinator (in Miami that was to the far left) and requested the upgrade. They had the cabin I wanted so they took my credit card and charged it. Then they collected all our sign and sail cards and created new ones.

It is also good to tell your cabin steward as soon as you see him/her so they know your luggage may be lined up to go to your original cabin. Either way, your bags will get to you.

In this case, it is true that the early bird gets the worm.

I don't think anyone has really answered Betsie question. I think she knows "how" to arrange an at pier upgrade, but her question is if you RCI is requesting that you not get to the port till the afternoon and you comply, will you risk giving up an upgrade to someone who doesn't follow the rules and arrives early... Betsie, if no one answers you, you'll have to report back as to your experience and let us know what worked.

I would guess we just need to be there early (by 10:30 or so) and assume we will wait in line several hours one way or the other.

I also seem to be getting confilicting information on WHEN to request the upgrade. I read someone say as you are checking in and others who have said you have to check in like normal and THEN ask for the pier coordinator. That doesn't make much sense - why check in one cabin without knowing if the suite is available - and why wouldn't they do the whole thing at one time instead of "two" check- ins....I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks alot - hope everyone is comfortably stuffed!!

We did an upgrade in Miami, last year. We checked in first and then saw the Pier Coordinator. This makes sense, as your documentation and Seapass cards are assigned for your original cabin. Also, if few or no cabins are available for upgrade, everyone would be trying to check in at the Pier Coordinator desk, which would result in a very long line.

Mark

Archived