Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

Hey there. I wasn't avoiding you guys, I've just been very busy with projects around the house and family stuff.

I repainted my bathroom last weekend. Then I decided to paint the powder room and that turned into another project because then I needed to get a new mirror and accessories. Now I've got a list of other things to get done around the house. Once my youngest son moves out I can convert his room to my hubby's "man cave". He's already planning on getting a PS3 and a big comfy recliner.

So..... Missou you are still doing awesome. Matt, I see that you've kept up the good work as well - being under 200 - yippee!

Welcome to Katikat!

I've pretty much maintained my weight for the last week - today I was at 112.9. I've not ran as much as I've wanted but I'm still on the treadmill and I'm still doing my strength training in the morning.

I still think of this in terms of being a temporary victory since I've never been able to keep the weight off but as long as I "ante" up for the day and start with my strength training, I'm usually pretty good for the day. This evening I didn't run but I did eat very healthy throughout the day so it is a wash.

Anyhoo.... keep up the good work Missou!

Take care,

B

Hello everyone! I'm baaaack! :) We had an excellent time on our cruise. We were on RCCL's Freedom... it's a beautiful ship and I loved the cruise director! I had managed to make my way back up to 136 right before I left but I only gained 2 lbs and I'm already back down to 137.4 as of this morning. Now for the good news... I came back with a little more jewelry than I left with... specifically an engagement ring! :D Rich was going to propose on the jet skis at CocoCay but they were cancelled. Might be just as well... I can see the ring going into the ocean! :eek:

Brenda, keep up the effort and your new weight will stay with you.

Congradulations Kelly for your engagement!!! Did your fiance kneele down for his proposal? Gaining 2 pounds on a cruise is really good too. To me, that also is a good news. We are going to a second wedding everyone, that is another reason to keep on working hard on ourselves!! ;):D

Today is a busy day for me, I will have to start my Gazelle in a few minutes if I want it done.

Have a nice day!!!

Anchor’s Aweight!!!!

November 16th, 2009

emmysmommy

SW....148 lbs

TW.....132...124.9..123....122.8.....122.5 ...121.1...117.5....119.6....116.6....115.2....114.3....115....113...113.5....112.8....112.9 lbs

CW....115 lbs

weight gained this week....0.1 lbs

Total....35.1 lbs

To Goal... GOAL REACHED!!!!!

(the forum wouldn't let me change the font of your TW, sorry :confused::confused::confused:)

Kellycruiser

SW....153 lbs

TW....141....140.8....140.8....139.6....136.2....136.2....134.8....137.4 lbs

Cw....120 lbs

Weight gained this week.... 2.6 lbs

Total weight loss....15.6lbs

To Goal....17.4 lbs

Matt34hew

SW.....220 lbs

TW....200....196..196.6..196.....194.8...195...201....200....199.4....199....199.6....200....200....200....199.... 199....200....199....199.4....200....200....199 lbs

CW....180 lbs

Weekly weight lost....1 lbs

Total....21 lbs

To Goal....19 lbs

Missou

SW...165 lbs

TW....162.5....161.4...159.2....161.4...162.8....160.8....161.8...163.2...164....161....163.8....161....161.6....160.6....159.2....158.6....159.2....160.4....158.6 lbs

CW....135 lbs

Weekly weight lost....1.8 lbs

Total....6.4 lbs

To Goal....23.6

Keep up the good work Vickey!!! Take time to rest!!!

Hey there...I see many of you have been posting here for quite some time. Mind if I hop on board? Cruising in exactly 5 months from today and would like to lose 15-20 lbs before I sail. I know it's possible but I've always had a hard time getting myself motivated to start. In fact, planning a cruise was meant to be my motivation...so here we go! :)

Welcome aboard. we will help motivate you.

Hello everyone!!

On top of my Gazelle, I walked for an hour and a half yesterday. My scale really likes me these days, I am at 152.7 this morning :D:D:D Reaching 155 in the next 6 days might be possible after all :D:D:D

Have a nice day everyone and take care!!

Hello everyone!!

On top of my Gazelle, I walked for an hour and a half yesterday. My scale really likes me these days, I am at 152.7 this morning :D:D:D Reaching 155 in the next 6 days might be possible after all :D:D:D

Have a nice day everyone and take care!!

So you must be trying to gain now? This is the losing group. haha. I take it you mean 156.7 or 157.7?

But that is awesome news to hear.

Hello everyone! I'm baaaack! :) We had an excellent time on our cruise. We were on RCCL's Freedom... it's a beautiful ship and I loved the cruise director! I had managed to make my way back up to 136 right before I left but I only gained 2 lbs and I'm already back down to 137.4 as of this morning. Now for the good news... I came back with a little more jewelry than I left with... specifically an engagement ring! :D Rich was going to propose on the jet skis at CocoCay but they were cancelled. Might be just as well... I can see the ring going into the ocean! :eek:

I totally missed this post. Congrats Kelli. That is great news to hear. I bet you were very surprised by it.

Congradulations Kelly for your engagement!!! Did your fiance kneele down for his proposal?

No, he's not that mushy! I was completing our customs forms on the last night of the cruise and he sat down on the bed next to me and said "OK, pay attention..."! :p

Hi everyone

Sorry it has been so long between posts.

I have had quite a few set backs and without going into details will say that at this time, I will not be posting for a while.

This decision is a very hard one but I just can't focus enough to do much of anything but make it through each day as it comes so please know that I appreciate all the prayers and thoughts each of you has shared with me and keep them coming as this is a hard road to travel without them.

Here is hoping everyone does well on their journey to a new healthier life and may each and everyone of you meet and exceed your goals.

Know that I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers also.

May God bless you all.

Love,Vickey

Vickey, I am so sad to read this message :( I wish you all the best and will be keeping you in my thoughts. I am sending you a big hug and lots of positive energy to help you go through this road. May God bless you and your family and may he guide you on the road to recovery.

I was invited for dinner on Friday and Saturday. I was also invited for lunch on Sunday. I did not gain much, I was able to be reasonnable :o This morning, the scale was at 158.6 :o I guess I definitly have to forget about reaching 155 by Thursday :( I went on the Gazelle on Saturday and I decided to put on my ankle weights. It didn't cause any pain in my back and it made me sweat a little more. This was a good idea!!! I didn't do a thing yesterday and I haven't done my Pilates in a few days... I have to do the Pilates again!!! I am now at 12/14 :(:( I'll have to work extra hard in the nest 3 days to compensate :D

Have a nice day and a good week everyone!!! Take care!!!

No, he's not that mushy! I was completing our customs forms on the last night of the cruise and he sat down on the bed next to me and said "OK, pay attention..."! :p

Well at least he told you to pay attention.

This morning I am weighing in at 199.4. Still doing my workouts by hit a plateau for now. I guess we will see once the holidays are here how I will be doing.

Hi everyone

Sorry it has been so long between posts.

I have had quite a few set backs and without going into details will say that at this time, I will not be posting for a while.

This decision is a very hard one but I just can't focus enough to do much of anything but make it through each day as it comes so please know that I appreciate all the prayers and thoughts each of you has shared with me and keep them coming as this is a hard road to travel without them.

Here is hoping everyone does well on their journey to a new healthier life and may each and everyone of you meet and exceed your goals.

Know that I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers also.

May God bless you all.

Love,Vickey

Vickey,

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. It is going to be sad to see you go. But you are always with each of us. This board has become a family of sorts. It has helped keep me motivated. Look forward to hearing from you as soon as you are back to posting.

Hey, everyone! I'm new around here (going on my first cruise in February) and was really happy to see that this part of the forum exists. I recently had a check up with my doctor and he was not happy with my weight. And when I saw the scale, I wasn't either! I'm at an all-time high of 260 and NONE of my clothes fit right anymore. I want to have the best time ever on my cruise, and for that I know I will have to lose some weight. [self-esteem and self-image issues galore will not allow my mind to rest and let me have fun unless my clothes fit just a wee bit better. I'd just spend the whole time sitting in my stateroom stressing over how I look. And that's certainly not any fun for me or anyone with me.] I don't have a set goal yet, but I'm thinking maybe 230 or 240? I'm not really sure what a realistic goal would be, and I could use some motivation, so I figured maybe you wonderful people could help me out?? I'd be forever in your debt!!

Hey, everyone! I'm new around here (going on my first cruise in February) and was really happy to see that this part of the forum exists. I recently had a check up with my doctor and he was not happy with my weight. And when I saw the scale, I wasn't either! I'm at an all-time high of 260 and NONE of my clothes fit right anymore. I want to have the best time ever on my cruise, and for that I know I will have to lose some weight. [self-esteem and self-image issues galore will not allow my mind to rest and let me have fun unless my clothes fit just a wee bit better. I'd just spend the whole time sitting in my stateroom stressing over how I look. And that's certainly not any fun for me or anyone with me.] I don't have a set goal yet, but I'm thinking maybe 230 or 240? I'm not really sure what a realistic goal would be, and I could use some motivation, so I figured maybe you wonderful people could help me out?? I'd be forever in your debt!!

Welcome to our group. We like to help motivate people, so we will motivate you. we weight in on Mondays and usually post our measurements on the first monday of each month.

Hi everyone. First of all...Happy Thanksgiving!

I started what I hope to be my new workout routine this week. I have been hearing a lot about Jillian Michaels' workout videos - several friends have been raving about her 30 day shred workout. So I tried it on Monday...and it kicked by butt!! It's exactly what I needed. It's about 20 min of non-stop cardio, weight lifting (with small hand weights) and stretching. I was pretty sore yesterday so I had to skip it and just did some light walking on the treadmill but I think this will be a great workout. I haven't been this sore since I was working out with a trainer...and working out with a video is a LOT cheaper than having a personal trainer!! So...here's hoping I can keep this up. Going for round 2 of the video tonight! :D

I am leaving for Burlington in 4 hours!!!

I was quite busy today and didn't do any exercises so I am up to 12/17 but I was at 157 this morning still. I brought my Pilates DVD in case I feel like doing it on my cruise.

I will come and visit you from time to time so take care everyone and don't give up on your goals!

See you 11_7_102.gif

Dominique,

Have a great anniversary cruise with your hubby. I wish I were going somewhere warm, but will have to wait until at least next year. I am anxious to hear about your trip and the ship and, of course, excursions you may take.

ENJOY!!!

Missou - have a wonderful, great time.

Here in the U.S. we will be celebrating Thanksgiving today. Here's to everyone trying to watch their weight - the challenge is on.

Vickey - you are in my thoughts and prayers every day. Please try to keep in touch whenever you can. You are very important to us.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone,

Marsha

Happy Post Thanksgiving eveyone.

A special hello to Vickie - I hope your Thanksgiving was blessed.

Missou: Bon voyage - I wish you the very best on your 20th anniversary cruise. Let us know how wonderful it was when you return!

As for me, yesterday was a day for little self control. I ate pretty much everything - not huge portions but not really what I should have done. Then there was dessert......I made puff pastries with cherry pie filling and fresh whip cream, sugar cookies, red velvet cupcakes, apple strusel pie, and of course, pumpkin pie. (We had 16 people over for dinner.) But I think I cleaned so much of my house and did so many dishes that I broke even. (ok, not really, but it must have counted for something.)

I'll try to run later this evening. I'm hanging in there with maintaining my goal. (Really less than my goal which I had really wanted to do but didn't have enough time before my cruise.) My new goal is 110 - and to maintain that weight which is the harder part. So I have just a few pounds to go but the harder part is maintaining that weight long term.

Gotta go.

Love to all and have a great weekend!

B

Archived