Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

Hello from Barbados everyone!!!

Our flight was really good and Barbados is very nice. I can't wait till tomorrow to embark on the ship. For now, I am very good with my food. The exercise part will start on the ship with all the stairs :D

Take care everyone!! :):)

hi I want to share u

How to Lose Weight on a Cruise

1. tep 1
    Plan to stay healthy during your cruise by eating healthy and exercising before you set sail. If you follow healthy diet and exercise habits for several weeks before your vacation you will more likely to keep those habits while on board.
  2. Step 2
    Study the cruise ship deck plans before your vacation and as soon as you get on board to learn the various routes around the ship. Be prepared to walk long distances from one amenity to another and choose routes that will add steps to your daily routine.
  3. Step 3
    Use the daily cruise newsletters left in your cabin by your steward to learn when different fitness activities and wellness seminars will be held. Take advantage of free consultations, lectures and organized activities to keep moving and keep the pounds off.
  4. Step 4
    Visit the dining room early each day to study the posted menus. Plan which foods you will want to try and include a soup or salad as an appetizer to ensure you feel full without indulging in multiple entrees. Also take note of designated lighter selections such as fresh fruit or baked fish that will be lighter in calories but just as delicious as other options.
  5. Step 5
    Avoid the temptation to eat at every given opportunity. Cruise ships may offer meals, snacks and buffets for up to 18 hours each day, but exercising willpower as well as muscles will help you cut calories. If you do indulge, choose smaller portions and sample treats rather than consume whole servings.
  6. Step 6
    Wear sneakers while on board the ship and don’t be afraid of using the stairs. The stairs will often be faster and more convenient than waiting for the elevator, and good walking shoes can also make shore excursions more comfortable.
  7. Step 7
    Pack exercise clothes and take advantage of the ship’s fitness facilities to help you lose weight on a cruise. Most vessels offer a free gym with cardio and weightlifting equipment as well as a walking track, aerobics classes and other fitness activities. On some ships you can try new activities such as rock climbing or surfing to help get your heart rate up while still enjoying your cruise vacation.
  8. Step 8
    Limit alcohol consumption to avoid drinking several hundred calories each day. Cruise ships offer free water and juice, and cutting out the alcohol will save money as well as calories.
  9. Step 9
    Get right back into a healthy diet and exercise program after returning home. By practicing healthy behaviors on vacation you can avoid cruise ship weight gain and even lose a few pounds, but those behaviors must be continued to keep the weight off.

Hey there girloverflowers - I followed most of the advice with a healthy attitude that I was going to not deprive myself on my vacation for which I worked sooooo hard to lose 35 pounds. I did gain more than a couple pounds but when I got back into my normal exercise routine and sensible eating after the cruise, it was little more than a blip on the radar.

All good advice and I'm sure if I followed every step I wouldn't have gained as much weight on my cruise! :D

All aboard!!!

A quick hello from Scarbourough, Tobbago on the Sea Princess. I went to the gym for my weekly weigh-in and got 3 readings... 158.8, 164.8 and 152.4 :D:D

The scale is very sensitive and there is a little movement on the boat. That is why I got 3 very different readings :D:D I will stick with 158 since it is more accurate and I was dressed.

I will come back on Wednesday to post the table. Till then, take really good care of yourselves!!!

:cool::cool:

All aboard!!!

A quick hello from Scarbourough, Tobbago on the Sea Princess. I went to the gym for my weekly weigh-in and got 3 readings... 158.8, 164.8 and 152.4 :D:D

The scale is very sensitive and there is a little movement on the boat. That is why I got 3 very different readings :D:D I will stick with 158 since it is more accurate and I was dressed.

I will come back on Wednesday to post the table. Till then, take really good care of yourselves!!!

:cool::cool:

I say go with the lowest too!!

Hope you enjoy yourself.

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone's holiday was good.

Reporting in at 199 this morning, which is good with all the good food that was around this past week.

Wow! That's awesome considering.... as for me, I did gain 2 pounds but I'm happy with only 2!! Considering all the eating and lack of exercise in the last 2 weeks, I'd say I'm fortunate it's not 5 pounds! :D

Keep up the good work!

B

Why is pumpkin pie soooo delicious??? I had to send a pie home with my middle son so I would'nt eat it! But I still have whip cream left. :p

Sooooo... I really am trying to be good. I ran 4.5 miles last night and it felt good. My muscles didn't feel so good this afternoon. I took it easy and did 4 miles on the treadmill but it was a much s-l-o-w-e-r pace. :cool:

We finished the left over turkey so now I have to actually think about what I'll have to eat for dinner! I still have plenty of frozen weight watcher entrees so maybe I'll do that.

take care all,

B

Why is pumpkin pie soooo delicious??? I had to send a pie home with my middle son so I would'nt eat it! But I still have whip cream left. :p

IT is evil. That is why it is so good. It wants to tempt you into eating it. We have one frozen in the freezer and Whip Cream. Today I have to get back into gear. Need to workout after getting home from work.

Matt: I know, I know.... some days it is so hard to stay motivated. I got home from work and put on sweats and my robe. I just don't feel like running. Maybe I'll walk tonight.

B

Yeah, i was in that boat yesterday too. I got home, changed into my workout clothes, but instead I put lights on the tree and went to my parents house to get the mail since my sister had to go to the hospital with her bf's mom and my rents are out of town. by the time i got home (830) i was too tired to do anything.

Anchor’s Aweight!!!!

November 29th, 2009

Quick version

emmysmommy

SW....148 lbs

TW.....132...124.9..123....122.8.....122.5 ...121.1...117.5....119.6....116.6....115.2....114.3....115....113...113.5....112.8....112.9....113.9 lbs

CW....112 lbs

weight gained this week....2 lbs

Total....35.1 lbs

To Goal... 1.9

Matt34hew

SW.....220 lbs

TW....200....196..196.6..196.....194.8...195...201....200....199.4....199....199.6....200....200....200....199.... 199....200....199....199.4....200....200....159....159 lbs

CW....180 lbs

Weekly weight lost....1 lbs

Total....21 lbs

To Goal....19 lbs

Missou

SW...165 lbs

TW....162.5....161.4...159.2....161.4...162.8....160.8....161.8...163.2...164....161....163.8....161....161.6....160.6....159.2....158.6....159.2....160.4....158.6....158 lbs

CW....135 lbs

Weekly weight lost....1.8 lbs

Total....6.4 lbs

To Goal....23.6

A quick hello from Aruba

Don't worry guys, the evil pumpkin is gone. Be ready for the evil Christmas turkey :p:D:D

I am keeping a journal of my vacation. For now it is in french, but I will translate it for you as soon as I am home in mid-December.

Take care everyone.

PS... Drill sargeant Matt is aboard the ship and he is very proud of me. I have never been in the elevators since the beginning of the cruise!!! I am trying to eat very healthy foods and drinks... Yesterday, I took a rasberry martiny. See, I take my fruits everyday 20f9e3cc.gif

PS... Drill sargeant Matt is aboard the ship and he is very proud of me. I have never been in the elevators since the beginning of the cruise!!! I am trying to eat very healthy foods and drinks... Yesterday, I took a rasberry martiny. See, I take my fruits everyday 20f9e3cc.gif

Good good. Glad that you have been taking the Stairs. I have been taking the stairs at work everyday. But have been lacking the workouts at home. It is so tough to get home at 730 and be motivated to work out still.

Happy Friday!!! Glad to hear Dominique is having a great time in Aruba!!! And congrats on all the stairs.

I've run 4 nights this week - so that's good. I did have a Taco Bell burrito for lunch today. I haven't had one of those in soooo long and it was awesome! It was just a plain old bean and cheese burrito too. :p

Just stopping by for a quick hello and have a great weekend everyone!

Missou you are amazing. When are you due back?

Just found out that I have to have my gall bladder out on 12/14. Bummer. But I have been having a lot of pain and the surgeon says it needs to go.

I hope to have a VERY quick recovery. This being my second surgery in 7 months I am hopeful this is the end for a while.

Take care all.

Riddle

Hello everyone!!

I will be back on Monday December the 14th at about 3am.

Marsha, I hope your surgery goes well, I'll be thinking of you.

My knee is acting up a little. I'll have to ask Hubby for some work.

Here are my monthly measurements

Neck 13.5

Arm 12.5

Bust 37.5

Waist 31

belly 37

Hip 38

Thigh 22

Calves 15

I don't have the table with me so I'll post it on the 14th. It should give you plenty of time to post your measurements, right Matt :eek:;):D:D:D

Hello everyone!!

I will be back on Monday December the 14th at about 3am.

Marsha, I hope your surgery goes well, I'll be thinking of you.

My knee is acting up a little. I'll have to ask Hubby for some work.

Here are my monthly measurements

Neck 13.5

Arm 12.5

Bust 37.5

Waist 31

belly 37

Hip 38

Thigh 22

Calves 15

I don't have the table with me so I'll post it on the 14th. It should give you plenty of time to post your measurements, right Matt :eek:;):D:D:D

Yeah yeah, I did find the tape measure that i have been using, so that is all good now.

Can I join you guys? I am going on a Disney cruise in Feb and have alot of weight to lose. I am 5'3", 35 yo mother of 2 and I currently weight 155 lbs.:eek: I just started following the south beach diet 2 days ago because I have major problems with controlling my carb intake and am hoping it will help me get this out of control. My goal weight is 115 pounds and I hope to reach it within 1 year. I hope to be at least 140 by Feb.

Of course you can join us. Welcome aboard.

Every monday we post our weight.

What Missou will need from you is your SW (starting Weight), TW (Total Weight), and CW (Cruise Weight). She keeps track every week for us and even on her cruise she keeps track.

And the first monday of every month, most of us post our measurements. Missou has posted hers, so you can use that as a guide. And I say most, as I am usually the one who forgets to do it.

We like to joke around with each other, so you will see some teasing going on, but it is all in good fun (except for missou, cause she is MEAN:D). See what I mean.

I had gallbladder surgery years ago and it has been greatly improved since then. Both my younger sister and good friend had the laparoscopic surgery. Their recovery time was minimal. My friend was off work for a week and my sister was off work a little longer.

I wish you well and that you feel better very soon.

We like to joke around with each other, so you will see some teasing going on, but it is all in good fun (except for missou, cause she is MEAN:D). See what I mean.

I am not mean... I am very mean!!!!!!! You better run up those stairs a hundred times Drill Sargeant Matt!!!! c011.gif

I also want your measurements this month!!!!! c011.gif

Take care and think of us in the next 2 days. Tomorrow is our 25th anniversary as a couple and Wednesday is our 20th anniversary as a married couple!!! c020.gifc020.gif

Archived