? for Venice logistics experts

Plan A - disembark, take shuttle (or taxi) from pier to P. Roma (this is a very small ship, and will dock in berth 27 - a long ways from Tronchetto), check cruise luggage at the little left luggage place, activate PNR "Venice Connected" cards, board vaporetto with one carry on and one roller bag... to hotel stop. Which is San Angelo.

Plan B - disembark, take Alilaguna to S. Angelo. Get off will all our luggage, walk 30 feet to hotel. Take Alilaguna to airport from S. Angelo on last day.

Problem with plan b? How to activate our Venice Connected cards without going back to P. Rome on the vaporetto from S Angelo... that will be an additional charge (and I'm already paying for a weeklong vaporetto pass)

THe last time we were there, Alilaguna did not stop at San Angelo. So we ditched our cruise luggage at P Roma. I need to add that I'm not going to schlep all our luggage on the vaporetto. We just can't manage it. Neither am I going to do a private water taxi - because the price just offends me.

I feel the Venice connected discounts are really worth it, as are the vaporetto passes themselves, and we will make huge use of the vaporetto passes in the four days we are there. We used them like "hop on, hop off" buses on our last trip.

I think I'm back to plan A - but it kinda kills me since Alilaguna goes basically staight to our hotel. So I thought I'd ask if anyone had a better idea.

How many hours of Vaporetto are you planning on getting and how long are you staying in Venice post-cruise? Plan C - go by P. Roma previous evening and pick up Venice Connected cards then. I'm not sure it its true, but I heard the new Venice Connected passes are RFID and they may not be activated until you actually use them the first time. Might be worth sending an email to ask VeniceConnected directly. But if you're planning on 48 hour pass anyway and only need them for 40 hours, picking them up the night before might work. If you were going to need the whole 48 hours, the 72 hour pass is less than 5 euros more witht he High Season discount.

Unfortunately, we don't dock the night before. We get in at 7am. We are staying for 4 days post cruise. Can't use the 72 hour - have to go with the weeklong passes.

I think I will send an email to Venice Connected. If one person can activate both cards, it may make sense to head back to P Roma to activate from the hotel for 6.5 E. I'm just kinda in love with the idea of not having to check our cruise luggage, AND not having to retrieve it.

Good idea though!

Archived