Pacific Sun Flower of Asia Cruise December 19th

I'm interested in this cruise out of Fremantle but find the prices I'm being quoted for an outside cabin for a family of 4 excessive. What would the chances of cheaper cabins being released later in the year? :)

The Pacific Sun does have a large proportion of 4 berth cabins compared to other ships. There is also a limited target market in Perth, (people cannot fly easily from other cities).

Saying that, it is a christmas cruise and kids club spots will be limited,so who knows, it is the luck of the draw, A bit like playing the stock market.

Check several online agents to compare prices

hi we are on this cruise we booked early due to the kids in our group. I was told a lot of families will book this one. Which is great for the kids and us

I have a group booking number that gives our group $100 pp( including the kids) credit and outside E upper 6 for $10476 for 4 ( we are inside )( i think this is until 15 march when the sale ends) but others in the group are outside .

if i can help leave your email address and i can give you details

this was the best deal i could find at the time but will keep my eye open for any reductions.

Just Hooked

• 2 weeks later...
I've got a good deal on this cruise for a category E outside with $100 on board credit for us two adults all for under $10,000. I've put a hold on a cabin for a few days till I fine tune hubby.:)

I think you should shop around a bit more, you should be able to get this cheaper.

Quite a few of my family are going on this cruise and I am thinking about it!

But the prices are well inflated in my opinion.

Once the teen and child cats are full i think the price of the twin cabins will come down quite a lot.

Given the way jobs are going in Perth and the ease/cheapness of going to Bali from Perth anyway,I would say quite a few would hold back for cheaper cabins or just go to Bali for xmas .

The travel agents have been saying for quite a while that this will be a popular cruise and will fill quick so best book now! Well the cruise isnt full because it is way too much money at the moment for a cruise on the PS.

For the same price of a 3 star outside twin on the PS xmas you can get a 16 night 5 star cruise on SP to Asia in june with a balcony?

Both my brother+ kids and Sister + kids have booked outside quads for around $10,000 each cabin:eek:

I will be booking this cruise around August,and If its full or doesnt go down I am not worried as at present its just way too expensive for a couple to go.

It is afteral the Pacific Sun, and not Pacific Dawn.

Den

I agree the prices are inflated and I have been hesitating but it is a return from Fremantle which doesn't happen too often and it will be the last big trip for us in a while. :)

Keep in mind that the Pacific Sun will be based in Fremantle when the Pacific Jewel comes to Brisbane in December. From early December onwards there will be lots of cruises from Fremantle. :):)

Evon.

The Prices are Inflated for the Pacific Sun out.I have a copy of Creative Holidays 2009 Singapore and Malaysia and looking at an Entry Level Cabin on Superstar Virgo out of Singapore for their 20th of December 2009 5 Nights Straits of Malacca Cruise And add on a Nights Accommodation before the cruise Plus Your Flights and Insurance.You will be better off and the cruise ship is so much newer.

The Prices are Inflated for the Pacific Sun out.I have a copy of Creative Holidays 2009 Singapore and Malaysia and looking at an Entry Level Cabin on Superstar Virgo out of Singapore for their 20th of December 2009 5 Nights Straits of Malacca Cruise And add on a Nights Accommodation before the cruise Plus Your Flights and Insurance.You will be better off and the cruise ship is so much newer.

I know the prices are crazy but living in perth and wanting to cruise in school holidays and over xmas and new years and to places we havent been we dont have alot of options .The flight costs and accom add so much to our travel mainly in xmas school holidays .

saying this i will keep looking at other options right up till the full refund date

I agree that we have very little options when it comes to Fremantle return cruises, the only other one at that time of the year is Classic International The Athena, another older ship. I've been on the Virgo and agree it is a lovely ship and in 2006 we did a 14 night Asia cruise with flights included on the Sky which was in school holidays. I think I'll end up going with my gut feeling wait and see if the prices come down later in the year.:)

I agree! ask a Sydney cruiser if they would pay almost $4ooo each for an outside cabin on the PS,xmas or not!

We dont have much choice in the West but have found some fantastic fly cruise deals from Asia at a fraction of the cost.

The good times may now be a thing of the past and P&O I think are still trying to ride the boom on this one.

I have been watching it for some time and today certain cats have been advertised as "Hot" with no price change?

How can a much lower cat inside lower deck cost more than a higher deck outside?

Because it has been over inflated to sell the lower cats!

I will hold out and am confident of getting a "Much" cheaper cruise closer to the time.

Pity cruisers with children cant do the same.

Den

Out of Perth buy flight return to Singapore get one of those Superstar Virgo 3 or 5 Night Asia Cruises and one night before and after the cruise in Singapore for similar money to the Pacific Sun Asia Cruise.

I would really like a more varied reasonably priced choice out of Fremantle, I've sailed out of Singapore before.:)

Archived