Freestyle dining

ArnoldZiffle

Is the rumor true that NCL is ending Freestyle dining?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Is the rumor true that NCL is ending Freestyle dining?

• Yes
    • No
    • What's a Freestyle??

its the major difference between them and the rest of the cruise lines. It is also true that the ships were specifically built with Freestyle in Mind. While anything can happen they would have to be nuts to do that...IMO>>>

they may change the name but not the way people eat on NCL. Given that many of the other lines are trying a version of it I highly doubt the eating style will end. Only the name will be changed to protect the insipid.

I don't believe the rumor.

I thought I read that the Epic doesn't even have the huge main dining rooms. How would they even do traditional dining?

The whole freestyle concept is was brought us back to doing another cruise. We DID NOT like traditional dining with two other couple we didn't know, and after a week we dreaded going to dinner each evening.

Everything NCL is Freestyle. Their entire new marketing campaign is even called Freestyle 2.0 I cannot believe freestyle dining is going anywhere. The whole concept of choice is what make NCL stand out from all the rest (whether you like it or not).

LOL my comment about "tasteless" was a joke. (BTW you should look "Insipid" up in Websters)

I know what it means its has a broader meaning than merely tasteless...

where did you hear this? I still think its stupid. NCL spent millions on it. Its their trademark their advertising compaign. WHile its possible(remember the New coke)...it would be just about as stupid....and would mean the end of NCL.

Since it appears that no one has heard this rumor, I would think the question has been answered.

I heard it was going to be called Freestyle 3.0. You can either choose to eat...or NOT! LOL. :)

Duane

So it would seem.

I ask if any else heard a rumor, and am accused of starting it. LOL

Please give us specifics of your source. I have found no mention of it anywhere online using any combination of terms. In the other thread about this, you wrote that it was on a local radio news wrap up and that NCL "formally announced it" on March 5. If NCL "fomally announced" something as big as that, it would be all over the cruise and travel sites--and it isn't. (And not to be all "new member equals troll" about it, but you joined CC on March 5. Did you join just to talk up the so-called rumor?) Which radio station did you hear it on? Do they have a website so we can check their archived stories? Seriously, you and jackdiamond are the only ones who have mentioned this at all. How can you not expect to be "accused" of starting a rumor? To be fair though, we would have to "accuse" both of you.

beachchick

Are you people kidding me right now?

if he has no source, and he just heard a rumor and no one else can confirm, than it sounds like a rumor,

why argue about it and spend time researching something that doesnt exist?

Please give us specifics of your source. I have found no mention of it anywhere online using any combination of terms. In the other thread about this, you wrote that it was on a local radio news wrap up and that NCL "formally announced it" on March 5. If NCL "fomally announced" something as big as that, it would be all over the cruise and travel sites--and it isn't. (And not to be all "new member equals troll" about it, but you joined CC on March 5. Did you join just to talk up the so-called rumor?) Which radio station did you hear it on? Do they have a website so we can check their archived stories? Seriously, you and jackdiamond are the only ones who have mentioned this at all. How can you not expect to be "accused" of starting a rumor? To be fair though, we would have to "accuse" both of you.

beachchick

Take a deep breath. Preferably near an open window.

I heard a blurb on the radio. I came here to confirm it. Someone ELSE had already heard it and started a thread before I got here. I asked in this one if anyone believed it. Why??????

Because, like you, I could find no further confirmation.

A few of you read much too deeply into things, you know? Not everyone you don't know has an ulterior motive.

Take a deep breath. Preferably near an open window.

I heard a blurb on the radio. I came here to confirm it. Someone ELSE had already heard it and started a thread before I got here. I asked in this one if anyone believed it. Why??????

Because, like you, I could find no further confirmation.

A few of you read much too deeply into things, you know? Not everyone you don't know has an ulterior motive.

what radio station? I know you keep saying on the radio most radio stations have a website where they list the news they have broadcast...what city etc? we can then at least see the report. Most radio stations get the news from AP there isn't a A[ wire on this that I can find since you normally can find such a report on a google search...

Archived