Freestyle dining

ArnoldZiffle

Is the rumor true that NCL is ending Freestyle dining?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Is the rumor true that NCL is ending Freestyle dining?

• Yes
    • No
    • What's a Freestyle??

I don't believe the rumor.

I thought I read that the Epic doesn't even have the huge main dining rooms. How would they even do traditional dining?

The whole freestyle concept is was brought us back to doing another cruise. We DID NOT like traditional dining with two other couple we didn't know, and after a week we dreaded going to dinner each evening.

Everybody has different likes, dislikes and preference. We sailed on RCI last year and even though we requested a table-for-two, the first night we had to sit at a table for 12. Have you seen the NCL commercial where there's a guy at a dinner table talking about, "I must have sold, 1,000 units, no I'm sure it was 100,000 etc." That's the group we had only they were talking about who died, who was sick, who retired, who's thinking about retireing, etc. Please, not my cup of tea. I respect their wishes to talk about anything but, ..... we requested a change of table for table-for-two and was able to eat our dinner in a quiet atmosphere.:)

I thought this question was already answered on the other thread.

It is a rumor, nothing else. NCL is very good about press releases and there is nothing there.

DS works for NCL in a management position. He hasn't heard any rumors and his comment, as in the last thread, is still "Not in a million years!"

NCL is not giving up Freestyle dining.

It is a rumor, nothing else. NCL is very good about press releases and there is nothing there.

DS works for NCL in a management position. He hasn't heard any rumors and his comment, as in the last thread, is still "Not in a million years!"

NCL is not giving up Freestyle dining.

Thanks for the straight skinny on that. And thanks too, for not assuming I was on the grassy knoll in Dallas!

"What a joint!"

Dads' favorite saying.

It may well have been heard on the radio. Not the first time someone in the media completed screwed up the facts. Remember the old telephone game as a kid ? The following may have become Freestyle to go:

NCL to change dining onboard a cruise ship. Their newest ship the Epic is under construction in France is reported to have no main dining room. This will be a major change in passengers in how NCL passengers dine and the end of Freestyle 2.0 onboard the first Freestyle 3.0 ship. :D

I think people just start rumors to get people aggrivated. Not like we dont have enough aggrivation in a our lives right now. If they were to change they would loose alot of customers. My wife and I would be one. Our cruising days would be over! But NCL has a good thing so why change?? Plus consider the source this person only has 12 posts and is new to the boards.

Archived