Regatta May 2 Venice-Rome airport transfer

mvbentley

Hello,

We are looking for someone to share a cab with us when we disembark in Rome to go to the airport. I have posted this on the Regatta roll call, but there are very few people on there and they are going into Rome, not the airport. Let me know if anyone is interested.

mvbentley, there is only a small percentage of cruisers that even know about these boards so that may be the problem. On small ships this means that there are often just a few people that you can try to join up with ahead of time. You may want to try and drum up some people to share the ride with you on the cruise itself. If you make a reservation now and let them know that you hope to ad atl east one other couple and then email them once on board, you should be OK. As one of those going into Rome from this cruise, I heard back from RomeCabs very quickly about the confirmation with more people.

Hi Parmelee.

Thanks for the reply. I will get a quote from Rome Cabs and decide whether to order or not. We are spending a few days ahead of the cruise in Italy, not on the back end. Maybe we see you on board. By the way, what are you planning to do in Corfu? :)

For Corfu we're playing it by ear. We may rent a car and drive around or we may just wander in the old town and have a nice lunch someplace. I'm leaning towards a car rental and going to Achilleon Palace and Paleokstra and then a wander in the old town.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

We are looking for someone to share a cab with us when we disembark in Rome to go to the airport. I have posted this on the Regatta roll call, but there are very few people on there and they are going into Rome, not the airport. Let me know if anyone is interested.

My wife & I are going directly to the airport in Rome, but we signed up for a transfer.

If it is a savings, we would be happy to join you, also interested in discussing the sharing some shore excursions

paulcotton

Hi PaulCotton,

The fare for 4 is 120 Euro ($30 per person). Fare goes down as more people are added. I'm not sure if we need to tip since this is a private cab. At any rate I think is would be considerably cheaper than the ship's transfers.

We have not booked any shore excursions because we thought we would do most ports on our own. But we have some voids. Corfu we would like to go to Paleokastriska and we were thinking of renting a car. But may be better to share a cab to take us around.

In Sicily, we were planning on walking around and going to the amphitheater, but again would be open to suggestions.

Our names are Martine and Victor. Let us know is you would like to share the transfer to airport and if you have any ideas on shore excursions.

PS you can either respond to this thread or go onto the Roll Call for this trip.

:D

Hello,

Hi We're looking into joining up with someone for the ride directly to Rome airport after the Regatta cruise. We'd like to leave around 7-715am since we have a morning flight. I found a shuttle company that we take us for 125 EURO for the two of us, but we'd do better to share. Thanks.

mvbentley;

My apologies for not responding more promptly but i was out of town for a few days and I don't have a laptop. I totally understand your reluctance at such an early departure but given our flight departure we're forced into it. At any rate, thanks for considering us.

Bob

Archived