Alaska Cruise BABY ON BOARD QUESTIONS

wadeod

We are taking a 14 month old child on a cruise next year. It is a big family cruise so he has too go.

Any advice would be helpful because we have never traveled like this with our child.

But here are a few questions:

1) i believe under 2 yrs of age that you dont have to buy him a seat on the plane. But what happens when we take him in the cab to the port? do we need to lug this big car seat around just for that? is it illegal if he doesnt have a car seat in the cab?

2) do you recommend just a small umbrella stroller to get around?

3) what should we bring him on the cruise???? does the cruise line supply anything like baby food or diapers? or do we bring it all?

4) should he just sleep with us in bed? or do they have crib like things, or bring a pack and play????????????//

TELL ME ALL YOU KNOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and give me suggestions on things i havent asked...................

Thanks so much!!!!!!!

The cruiseline can supply SOME food, but you are best to bring your own, they do not supply diapers, so again - bring twice what you need. But in Alaska - there will be opportunities to buy them in port if needed. Unless you are only taking a short flight- I would NEVER consider a lap child for anything more than an hour or two. Buy the seat and take an approved car seat- be CERTAIN to verify it is ACCEPTABLE, there are very specific guidelines. It is UP to YOU if you want an unsecured child in a cab, but with taking the seat then that solves the problem. You will need to verify with the cruiseline if cribs are available. Take only the fold up stroller, more than enough for your needs. I also would NOT consider any tours more than an hour- you will definately not be able to guarantee no disruptions and a child that age will not remember much if anything, having an extremely short attention span

Archived